UK (Scotland, specifically) Gem/Jewellry Trade Shows

Old May 18th 05, 02:20 AM
CeM

Default UK (Scotland, specifically) Gem/Jewellry Trade Shows

Hello, Everyone!

I'll be moving to Scotland in a few weeks and I am wondering if there is a
comprehensive site/organization that runs a UK Gem and Jewellry show.

I'm interested in also finding a shop near/in Edinburgh that sells loose
gemstones and briolettes...if any come to mind.

I do prefer a gem and jewellry show, though. I like having a lot of vendors
to choose from.

Any/all information or help would be greatly appreciated.

You can email me at or here.

Thanks.

Old May 18th 05, 04:35 PM
oh_golliee

"CeM" wrote in message
Hello, Everyone!

I'll be moving to Scotland in a few weeks and I am wondering if there is a
comprehensive site/organization that runs a UK Gem and Jewellry show.

I'm interested in also finding a shop near/in Edinburgh that sells loose
gemstones and briolettes...if any come to mind.

I do prefer a gem and jewellry show, though. I like having a lot of

vendors
to choose from.

Any/all information or help would be greatly appreciated.

You can email me at or here.

Thanks.

I don't know of any shops in Scotland but here is a website with a list of
gem and mineral shows around the UK for 2005:

http://www.ukjmm.co.uk/diary.htm

Happy hunting!

Old May 19th 05, 04:24 AM
William Black

"CeM" wrote in message
Hello, Everyone!

I'll be moving to Scotland in a few weeks and I am wondering if there is a
comprehensive site/organization that runs a UK Gem and Jewellry show.

There are several big shows in the UK.

The biggest is 'Spring Fair' in Birmingham in February where you'll find
that all the significant gem, bullion, jewellers' supplies and jewellery
dealers take stands.

See http://www.springfair.com/ for details.

Also the Harrogate Gift Fair in July and 'International Jewellery London'
http://www.jewellerylondon.com/ in September are major shows.

The Birmingham show is considered the main one, everyone you'll ever want
to see will be there, from the major diamond merchants down to tool
suppliers and engine turning companies, along with a large number of
overseas gem suppliers. The Harrogate show is almost a social event these
days with jazz bands and barbeques, and the London show is best described as
'expensive and hard work' if you don't live in London.

They're all free entry if you're in the trade.

--
William Black

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Barbeques on fire by chalets past the headland
I've watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off Newborough
All this will pass like ice-cream on the beach
Time for tea