Proposed Tax Rebate

Old January 20th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa

Default Proposed Tax Rebate

Tamara wrote:

I have to agree, they aren't sending me any money. They didn't send it last
time and they won't this time. But if I happened to have $800 I would paint
the condo and buy a built-in microwave. I have enough stitching stash to
last a lifetime.

I'm in the same boat as you and Karen. I didn't get
it last time, and I won't this time either.

But in the interest of daydreaming, if I had $800 drop
into my lap, I'd invest in the Dazor model with the wheels
and a couple of bolts of nice fabric and the notions to
sew some new bedroom curtains and some coordinating
items such as pillow shams, bed skirt, and a tablecloth.

Any money leftover would go into my need-to-visit-the-
dentist fund.

Nyssa, who really needs a new roof before a new Dazor
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net

Old January 20th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Naomah[_2_]

On Jan 20, 11:15 am, Nyssa wrote:
Tamara wrote:
I have to agree, they aren't sending me any money. They didn't send it last
time and they won't this time. But if I happened to have $800 I would paint
the condo and buy a built-in microwave. I have enough stitching stash to
last a lifetime.

I'm in the same boat as you and Karen. I didn't get
it last time, and I won't this time either.

But in the interest of daydreaming, if I had $800 drop
into my lap, I'd invest in the Dazor model with the wheels
and a couple of bolts of nice fabric and the notions to
sew some new bedroom curtains and some coordinating
items such as pillow shams, bed skirt, and a tablecloth.

Any money leftover would go into my need-to-visit-the-
dentist fund.

Nyssa, who really needs a new roof before a new Dazor
At River's Endhttp://nyssa.cnc.net

If it was just for me and I didn't need it elsewhere, I'd like to do a
stitching retreat and take their classes.
If that were out, then I'd go to FL to see DD and Grands.

Most likely though would be to fix my car before it falls apart. It's
doing ok but I know it needs work.
THEN it could get me to a retreat or FL

Naomah
Old January 25th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 18, 7:22 pm, Karen C in California wrote:
They are talking about an$800"economic stimulus" tax rebate (for those
of us too poor to pay taxes, it would be zero).

Good news! It won't be zero! Check this out: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22782454/

I know that's a stupid question in this group, soooooo, if you got$800
to stimulate the economy, what S.E.X. would you use it for?

If it were my own decision (without DH's input), I'd try get a bunch
of rctn people together for a big stitch-in! Wouldn't that be *great*
fun???? Someplace centrally located (for the U.S. people, anyway)
like in Nebraska. And if we pooled our funds, we might be able to
help some of the overseas people get here, too!

As it is, whatever we get, I imagine, will go to bills or to help pay
down the mortgage.

Reality sucks.

Joan
Old January 26th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tamara

If it were my own decision (without DH's input), I'd try get a bunch
of rctn people together for a big stitch-in! Wouldn't that be *great*
fun???? Someplace centrally located (for the U.S. people, anyway)
like in Nebraska. And if we pooled our funds, we might be able to
help some of the overseas people get here, too!

I'll be in Nebraska the last week of April. Where do you want to meet? G
--
Tamara in sunny San Diego

Old January 28th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

..Since the question was not what I SHOULD spend it on, or COULD spend
it on, but what I would STASH I would spend it on - I have to say at
least one Chatelaine design, all kitted up and ready to go. Then all
the Laura Perin patterns plus canvas and threads.

Then I'd start lookinng