A bushel of thank-you's

Old July 8th 04, 06:08 PM
Karen_AZ

Default A bushel of thank-you's

I just wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes! Also the amazing
reaction (many RCB'ers included) to my birthday auctions. WOW!!!!

I had a cool birthday. Mike had off because there were no patients and they
sent him home after an hour on the clock. We spent part of the day lazing by
the pool (I'm darker than him!) then set off on a shopping trip. I've been
grousing about our boring dishes (plain white corelle) so we went to Pier1
and got some gorgeous new earthenware plates in cobalt blue and gold, plus
some cool "seeded" glass amber goblets, a big 5 section serving platter
(great for our "picnic" dinners of olives, 'shrooms, bread & cheese), and a
pretty bread & olive oil set. Oh, and some cool new canisters and a
flowerpot that matches our dishes. I'm so thrilled to finally get some color
on the table!

Came back and did all those auctions (I swear I'm never listing 20 items all
at once again!!!!) Mike ran off to do some errands and came back with a
beautiful bouquet of sunflowers (my favorite!). We puttered around on
various long-ignored chores, then he took me out for dinner at one of our
favorite restaurants. Unknown to me he let them know ahead of time so I got
the birthday humiliation of cake and singing. LOL The funniest part was that
while we were there, I was the FIFTH person having a birthday dinner!

Now I'm waiting (im)patiently for the UPS man to arrive with my oxygen
generator. I've been oxy-less for 5 days and I'm going into withdrawal. I
NEED to make beads, dammit! I want to just play for a few days, without it
counting (since I'm done with auctions til August) and I'm getting
frustrated. Hopefully I'll have some cool stuff to show off next week.

Thanks again everyone!

--
KarenK
www.desertdreameraz.com

Old July 8th 04, 09:09 PM
JoAnn Paules

What do you mean you've been grousing about your boring plain white Corelle
dishes? That's exactly what I bought when we moved her 5 years ago. As long
as they are plain white, you can change your color scheme all you want.
White goes with almost everything! :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Karen_AZ" wrote in message
[...]

(snip)

---

Old July 9th 04, 07:45 AM
Christina Peterson

Me too; same reasons. Though I also have some with a wavy rim, in the same
plain white. I love that they don't break, AND that they are relatively
light and nestle into a smaller stack.

Tina