Favourite wool for felting/fulling???

Old July 3rd 05, 07:34 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Favourite wool for felting/fulling???

What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

--
http://bopeepswoolshop.easystorecrea...E_FROM=knitche

Old July 3rd 05, 07:55 PM
Wooly

Lamb's Pride for "everyday" stuff like slippers and flip-brim hats
that look well with that mohair halo effect. Kureyon for resale bags.
Cascade fulls quite and is pretty frugal.

Just don't use blinding white as it the bleaching process strips a lot
of the scales and reduces or eliminates the wool's ability to full.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:34:13 -0500, "Noreen's Knit*che"
spewed forth :

What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 4th 05, 04:55 AM
Shillelagh

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

Whatever I have in the house at the time that will work. I have tons of
White Buffalo unspun that I got CHEAP, so have used that. One of these days
I will get some Brown Sheep Lambspride(?), but it's not readily available
here in Canada. I made my fab "Constant Companion" bag with some "vintage"
wool given away at knitting camp 2004.

I have a fab pattern for the cutest purse/bag that I want to try. It calls
for Kureyon and a fun fur. One of the women made it at knitting camp and it
was a huge hit. She used Brown Sheep instead of the Kureyon.

While at a YS in Colorado I picked up the FiberTrends felted clogs pattern,
so will be trying that out of the White Buffalo one of these days, sooner if
it keeps raining (bleah).

Shelagh

Old July 4th 05, 01:39 PM
Yarn Forward

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

Lopi, White Buffalo and Patons Classic wool all felt well, but Classic
Wool is by far the best. It produces a tight, even felt and you just
cannot see the stitches. We have a number of felted bags in our stores
and when laid side by side, the customers usually go for the Classic
Wool. Next best is White Buffalo. The Lopi ends up with a fuzzy
appearance because of its long fibres, which can be an advantage for
some projects. As Wooly said earlier, white's are more difficult to
felt because of the bleach.

Roger.

Old July 5th 05, 08:17 PM
coggietm

I like lambspride for fuzzy felting.
Cascade 220 for smooth felting
Noro is great for purses.
Coggie

Old July 5th 05, 09:18 PM
Spike Driver

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

Noreen,

I have done only one felt project. I am not a felt fan. Not meaning I
would not try it again.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 11th 05, 05:34 PM
Katherine

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

Paton's Classic 100% wool.

Katherine

Old July 14th 05, 02:51 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:34:13 -0500, "Noreen's Knit*che" wrote:

What's your favourite wool to 'full', felt?
Noreen

Hand spun, but I have a lot of it around from years of spinning. What sells
best for fulling at my favorite LYS are Cascade 220 and Noro Kureyon.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

The ultimate yarn snob compairs the performance of wool and synthetics for downhill skiing (long) Yarn 18 January 19th 05 05:53 PM
A question about using wool? bit OT Sarah Grace Yarn 13 September 29th 03 10:00 AM
Berlin wool? Katherine Burgess Yarn 4 August 5th 03 02:02 AM
Felting Wool Lynne in Toronto Quilting 4 July 11th 03 11:57 PM