Needle Necessities Threadworx

Old January 22nd 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
monique

Default Needle Necessities Threadworx

I'm sure many of you have joined me in lamenting the demise of Needle
Necessities. (The way I understand it, the owner/dyer passed away and
the company was sold to someone who for some reason decided not to do
anything with it or didn't have the business acumen to keep it going.)

Scuttlebutt says that Threadworx has picked up the NN palette and begun
to expand it. Saturday, I was lucky enough to find one of the few
stores in Texas {Needlework Boutique in Plano}that stocks Threadworx and
see some for myself.

It does indeed look very, very similar to NN. Probably not close enough
to use both in a project if an exact match is needed, but then that's
true even of different dyelots from the same dyer. Yummy colors, great
sheen. I bought several different colors. Haven't had a chance to test
the colorfastness or to stitch with it yet, but it looks very promising.

Threadworx site:
http://www.threadworx.org/
http://www.willowfabrics.com/acatalo...ed_Cotton.html
A conversion from the NN names and numbers to Threadworx names and
numbers.

I'll also note that the shop had a truly drool inducing display of
fibers, including SoySilk and Burmiliana, both of which look as if they
might be substitutes for DMC Medicis... NAYY

Monique in TX
Old January 23rd 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/22/08 11:54 AM, in article , "monique"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for enabling me! those look really lush!

Old January 25th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LizardGumbo

Oh, ****.

--
Lizard Gumbo
aka Elizabeth

http://www.effervescentdesigns.com
Blog: http://effervescentdesigns.com/effdesblog/

Pop the bubbles to reply.

Needle Necessities monique Needlework 1 January 8th 08 07:59 PM
Needle Necessities Karen C in California Needlework 8 November 5th 07 04:18 AM
Needle Necessities Mira Needlework 3 March 19th 05 02:52 AM
Needle Necessities??? StitchinMoose Needlework 1 September 25th 03 06:12 PM