Rug tapestries

Old January 30th 04, 05:14 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

In former Persia, now Iran , rugs were woven with Knots , than laid
out in the street , so that walkers will , `Settle it`,
I have in my house at least two woven/knotted rugs that have more than
a century of walking over them.
mirjam
On 29 Jan 2004 13:42:14 GMT, (BDS2pds) wrote:

Rugs were made as well, though the fact that they exist in good to excellent
condition shows that they were NOT to be walked on, but admired, at least from
the edges!
I found this while researching this morning on white-works.com and I surely do
agree and also the rest of you who have worked on rugs! They take forever and
no one walks on mine either. In fact, one of the smaller ones is kitty corner
placed on top of a table at the moment !

Old January 30th 04, 05:19 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

ps if you want your rug/carpet ,, that is made wool to keep well ,
brush it , don`t hoover it , last brushing at least 4 times a year ,,
do with some vinegar [1 cup + 3 cups water]
mirjam

Old January 30th 04, 01:36 PM
BDS2pds

I just finished a rug with silks and cottons that was done on #18 count . It
is very detailed and thus why I don't walk on mine! It is about 4x6 feet .

It's not the size of the project that puts me off rugs. It's the cost

ofmaterials. Rug canvas is large scale. A pattern 180 x 240 stitches makes
a 3'x 4' rug when done on 5-mesh rug canvas or a 10 x 13

Old January 30th 04, 04:58 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

If you want your Rug [ any kind] to settle , but feel hesitant about
people stepping on it ,,, you might ,,
Put it under a heavy matrass , for some days .
mirjam