Gator Lady

Old December 31st 11, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Default Gator Lady

I got a 'vampie' to send to you. I tole her and I tole her---put a HOT
blankie round my arms before you try to for blood.

Did she listen/
Nope. I sent her out on last nights flight. Notify the gaotrs.

After teh 3rd try she called in the Big Guns.

I got lost in his sky blue at the break of dawn eyes! Just like FIL's were
such a beautifl blue. I pointed them out to DD as she doesn't remember her
Papa.
Anyhow, he walks in with 2 HOT blankies....wraps 'em round my arms and has a
bit of a chat.....unwraps one and says: "Nope, lets try the other" unwraps
2nd, gets it on the first try, and off he goes.......all that for a 30 min
IV drip and then I was allowed to go home. The First IV started leaking mid
drip : (

Guess who got to 'wheelchair me' to the car.

Butterfly (Who needs Pool Boys????? )

Old January 1st 12, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Back when I 'worked', I clerked a lawsuit about how many times a vampire can
stick you. I'm thinking it's three. If memory serves ( ha ) there is a
standard of acceptable practice that Demands that they call for someone more
qualified when they fail within 3 attempts. The poor victim in the lawsuit
had been stuck many times ( I think it was about 21 ) with permanent damage
to her arm. Really. I'll always wonder why she didn't scream her head off.
Polly

Old January 1st 12, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Ouch, Butterfly. But personally I'd rather blue-eyed cabana boys than
blood-getters. Jest my preference, YMMV

Polly, medical malpractice lawsuits can cover so many topics.

Ginger in CA
[starting a new 12 day civil jury trial on Wed morning]

Old January 1st 12, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

If he's in my 'backyard', he won't be using needles that's fer shure.

Butterfly (with black/blue arms/tummy(blood thinner shots). Told DH I'm more
b/b than before I went in!)

Old January 4th 12, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_3_]

Last time I was in the ER, the nurse who "tried" to get some blood
made a horrible mess of my arm. After the third attempt, they finally
sent in someone who knew what they were doing.

The tech who draws my blood every couple weeks for my pro times is the
best ever. Never leaves a mark, not even the tiniest bruise. One of
my friends gets his allergy shots from her - he says the same thing -
she's really good.

I intended to tell my nurse practitioner how good the tech is and then
forgot while I was in the office for my last checkup.

Donna in Idaho

Old January 10th 12, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Got a notice in the mail today saying that *I* was selected to do a phone
interview on my last hospital visit. I'll tell bout the good and the
'vampire'. Yes, she did quit after the 3rd try..still can see the 'bruise'
and feel the lump.
Mayo takes ALL complaints seriously and thanks you for all the input.

Butterfly

Polly - is this your gator? Boca Jan Quilting 18 October 13th 06 02:21 PM
OT - Gator Sauce! frood Quilting 24 September 21st 05 05:50 PM
OT gator report Polly Esther Quilting 11 September 11th 05 01:50 PM
OT gator FAQ Polly Esther Quilting 6 April 19th 05 05:41 PM
OT - Polly, here's a gator for you handmaiden Quilting 6 February 18th 05 09:46 PM