OT facebook temper, temper!

Old January 11th 12, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT facebook temper, temper!

I've gotten over my silly tantrum. Now that you mention it, my credit card
company tracks me and I've never minded that. One time I ordered a pair of
forceps and they went into a panic. Forceps are good for holding steady a
slippery silk thread when doing machine embroidery. They are also what the
narcotics squad calls 'controlled substance paraphernalia'.
Meaning, I think, good for holding a joint of suspicious leafy green stuff
to get the final last puff without burning you fingers. Polly

"Karen"; "Queen of Squishies" Standing very ready to be technically
corrected here, Polly, but I
think it's your computer that is recognized, not your email address.
Everywhere your computer goes online, it is 'known' about. And sites
communicate with each other about your computer. The only way to have
internet privacy is to not be on the internet. The information gathering
and data gathering game has grown to mega huge big activity. There's no
way around it, if you are online, you are tracked.

Old January 11th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

There are ways to prevent your location being tracked but generally they
are more trouble than they are worth IMHO. The only time I ever do this
is when I want to use pandora.com to listen to music. That site used to
be open to everyone but now is restricted to US sites only. Since I'm
from Canada I can't normally get in. But it is possible to set up a
"proxy" for your computer to mimic being an American site and then
pandora works up here. (I never did figure out the benefit of
restricting pandora - one would think that wider exposure for relatively
unknown bands would be a *good* thing).
Allison

On 11/01/2012 9:12 AM, Karen wrote:
Standing very ready to be technically corrected here, Polly, but I think
it's your computer that is recognized, not your email address.
Everywhere your computer goes online, it is 'known' about. And sites
communicate with each other about your computer. The only way to have
internet privacy is to not be on the internet. The information gathering
and data gathering game has grown to mega huge big activity. There's no
way around it, if you are online, you are tracked.

Facebook has a way to deactivate your account, which will help
tremendously about facebook. I don't know how, but there is also a way
to actually delete your facebook account. They don't make that so easy
to find out, but someone here can tell you or point you in the right
direction.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

On 2012-01-10 21:54:16 +0000, Polly Esther said:

Usually I can communicate well enough that what I say is perfectly
clear. This time I missed. At risk of boring everyone including
myself, please let me try again.
I was online reading the big city newspapers' book reviews. At one of
the newspaper sites, my facebk picture popped up with the question:
Would I like to comment on the book?
That shows me that the newspaper's website KNEW who I was because my
email address is hooked up to facebk. Polly

Old January 12th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
larchie[_2_]

Google 'how to unsubscribe from Facebook' and several sites will appear that
tell you what to do step by step. They also say you should not go back for a
month to check that your account is closed because that will reactivate it.
Sneaky people those FB guys.

Now no Facebook Sunny[_2_] Quilting 3 August 12th 11 01:18 AM
FACEBOOK OT R. E. Wicker Quilting 9 June 14th 10 06:51 AM
Facebook Karen C - Calif Needlework 3 December 11th 09 02:46 PM
Facebook [email protected] Quilting 1 September 15th 09 03:22 PM
Correct Temper for Cutting 14K Gold jcd Jewelry 8 January 27th 04 08:42 AM