Threading Singer Sewing Machine

Old July 25th 03, 03:26 AM
WAH

Default Threading Singer Sewing Machine

I recently purchased a used Singer Model 457 sewing machine. I need
instructions or a picture showing how to thread the machine,
particularily through the tensioner.
Old July 25th 03, 02:05 PM
Beth Pierce

On Singers, of which I have three, some of them you have to
pull the thread through the tension discs, and then pull it
back over the discs, so that the spring on the discs will
"click".

IMS wrote:
Here you go with your threading digram.. You can also purchase the
entire manual here.

http://www.sewusa.com/threading/singerthr457.htm

Old September 5th 03, 01:12 AM
Lili Love

I have a similar machine, I think. Does anyone know how to make it reverse?

TIA,

Lili

news Here you go with your threading digram.. You can also purchase the

Old September 5th 03, 03:25 AM
CW

It doesn't have a stitch length selector dial. Look at the picture.
"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Lili Love wrote:

I have a similar machine, I think. Does anyone know how to make it

reverse?

TIA,

Lili

I don't have that particular machine (mine is a bit younger), but check to

see
whether the central 'button' on the stitch length selector dial is the

reverse
switch. It took me a while to find mine when I first got it and I laughed

for
five minutes when I finally did! ;-D

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

PS. The centre of the stitch length dial ought to be a button, which you

press
to invoke 'reverse'. It can be quite awkward.

Old September 5th 03, 04:08 PM
joy beeson

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:15:14 +1000, Trish Brown
wrote:

I don't have that particular machine (mine is a bit younger), but check to see
whether the central 'button' on the stitch length selector dial is the reverse
switch. It took me a while to find mine when I first got it and I laughed for
five minutes when I finally did! ;-D

I once used a machine where "reverse" was quite obvious:
the stitch length was controlled by a lever with "0" in the
middle of its arc.

IIRC, there was an adjustable stop on the lever so that you
could flip it up and down without looking and always get the
same stitch length.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework