guild

Old July 26th 05, 12:11 PM
crna_ofca

Default guild

for people that are in some polymer clay guild: what benefits do you
have from being a member? and what obligations?

--
..~*I'm an angel, honest! These horns are just to keep my halo up.*~.
Old July 26th 05, 07:50 PM
Diane Villano

Well, I co-founded my local guild and served as its first president. The
benefits of joining are incredible! First, just being able to share tips and
techniques with others who understand what a Skinner blend is, is great. Our
guild also offers a lending library with books and videos, a monthly meeting
with a show-and-tell section and newsletter, an opportunity to sell work at
a guild-sponsored booth at an annual bead bazaar, artist-lead workshops with
discounts to members, our biannual weekend retreat and more. The
obligations? Well, an interest in polymer clay and willingness to share your
experiences. Oh, yeah, and $15.00 per year dues.

Are you interested in starting or joining a guild? The Guild Liaison for the
National Polymer Clay Guild would be happy to assist you. His email is
guilds at npcg.org.

HTH,

Diane Villano

Founding President, Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild

Vice President, Education and Outreach, National Polymer Clay Guild

Old July 26th 05, 09:28 PM
crna_ofca

Diane Villano wrote:
Well, I co-founded my local guild and served as its first president. The
benefits of joining are incredible! First, just being able to share tips and
techniques with others who understand what a Skinner blend is, is great. Our
guild also offers a lending library with books and videos, a monthly meeting
with a show-and-tell section and newsletter, an opportunity to sell work at
a guild-sponsored booth at an annual bead bazaar, artist-lead workshops with
discounts to members, our biannual weekend retreat and more. The
obligations? Well, an interest in polymer clay and willingness to share your
experiences. Oh, yeah, and $15.00 per year dues.

Are you interested in starting or joining a guild? The Guild Liaison for the
National Polymer Clay Guild would be happy to assist you. His email is
guilds at npcg.org.

i am very interested, but the problem is i live in croatia, and that is
far far away some girls and i are thinking about founding a guild, but
we are no sure does it make any sense, since we all live in different
cities and most of us are still in uni and can't afford to travel once a
month. but on the other hand, maybe it would be easier to advertise (and
sale) our pieces, since here people dont care if they buy unique piece
or made in china necklace for $1.

--
..~*I'm an angel, honest! These horns are just to keep my halo up.*~.
Old July 26th 05, 10:05 PM
Sarajane Helm

I'm a founding member of guilds in San Diego and Colorado, and have served
as membership VP for the National Guild. You pay your dues--thats the
obligation part---and you get out of it in direct proportion to what you are
willing to give TO it. Companionship, access to peers and information, the
right to borrow from the libraries...discounts on classes and events....and
experience. I've made some good friends! I've been published in print
through guild newsletters, before I started writing for magazines and
books--again, experience... Its a good place to start, a guild.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art