Keepsake Needlearts

Old June 13th 04, 09:24 AM
Suzanne

Default Keepsake Needlearts

Hey, I just discovered Keepsake Needlearts has a web site! :-) I'd
been getting their catalogs in the mail and really liked what they
offered, though I hadn't bought anything yet. The last catalog I got
from them was sometime last year, spring I think. I'd looked online
not too long ago and hadn't found a web site for them or one even
mentioned. Today I found an old catalog and decided to try to look up
some of the designers listed, and I was surprised and delighted to find
they now have a web site! :-) Has anyone actually bought anything
from them? If you'd like the URL, it's
http://www.keepsakeneedlearts.com/index.html.
--
Suze
Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old June 13th 04, 11:24 AM
linda moody

They are affiliated with Keepsake Quilting, and I have ordered from them -
wonderful service!
Linda in Poughkeepsie
news:2004061303245827590%suzette40@comcastcrossnet stitch...

Old June 13th 04, 03:30 PM
Rhea

As a matter of fact, I was looking thru my latest catalog from them last night.
I would love to have Thea Gouverneur's Queen Anne's Lace, but I cannot imagine
paying $97.99(US) for a kit!!! Queen Anne's Lace is a common "weed" in my part
of the world and we call them "chigger weeds" because they are covered with
little bugs that will absolutely eat you alive if you get them on you. I love
that what I've grown up seeing as a weed is put in a cross stitch pattern as a
beautiful flower. I just love it!!!! I've been searching the web to try and
find just the pattern, but no luck so far. Looks like she is a UK designer.

Anyway, back to the topic. The Needlearts catalog has alot of nice things, but
IMHO I think they are a little pricey.

Rhea from KY

Subject: Keepsake Needlearts

Old June 13th 04, 08:41 PM
Suzanne

Is this the Queen Anne's Lace you mean?
http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-bin/ite...?item=9397.jpg If it is,
this is a lot cheaper than $98.

Old June 13th 04, 09:39 PM
Karen C - California

In article 2004061303245827590%suzette40@comcastcrossnetstit ch, Suzanne
writes:

Has anyone actually bought anything
from them?

I haven't bought from KNA, but have from their sister-company, Keepsake
Quilting. The service is good.

No, I don't quilt. But I do buy fabric by the yard for clothing, fat quarters
for pillow backs, and some of their interesting gadgets.
--
Finished 5/21/04 - Fireman's Wife
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old June 13th 04, 09:50 PM
Bob & Marg Whittleton

Rhea wrote:

As a matter of fact, I was looking thru my latest catalog from them last night.
I would love to have Thea Gouverneur's Queen Anne's Lace, but I cannot imagine
paying $97.99(US) for a kit!!! Queen Anne's Lace is a common "weed" in my part
of the world and we call them "chigger weeds" because they are covered with
little bugs that will absolutely eat you alive if you get them on you. I love
that what I've grown up seeing as a weed is put in a cross stitch pattern as a
beautiful flower. I just love it!!!! I've been searching the web to try and
find just the pattern, but no luck so far. Looks like she is a UK designer.

Anyway, back to the topic. The Needlearts catalog has alot of nice things, but
IMHO I think they are a little pricey.

Rhea from KY

Actually Thea is (ttbomk) Dutch.

A number of our North American 'weeds' are valued in Britain and Europe
as garden flowers - Goldenrod and Mullein are two that quickly spring to
mind. Coneflower and Asters are native North American wild flowers
which have become widely planted both here and there.

BTW, have you ever seen"Cow Parsley" - think Queen Anne's Lace on
steroids- three feet tall (and more) with an enormous flower head. And
both members of the lowly carrot family.

Marg

Old June 13th 04, 09:54 PM
Lucille

I bought a few things from Keepsakes and was pleased with their service. It
was quick and efficient.
Lucille

Old June 16th 04, 10:17 PM
Boohoo1971

Hey, I just discovered Keepsake Needlearts has a web site!

Has anyone actually bought anything
from them?

I think that Keepsake Needlearts developed from Keepsake Quilting which has
been in business for years. When I first got the needlework catalog, I ordered
a cx from them, and have ordered several times since them. The service has
been excellent. The one time I had a question the person answering the phone
could answer it. I ordered from Keepsake Quiting for years and never had a
problem. Boo
Old June 16th 04, 10:37 PM
Lucille

"Boohoo1971" wrote in message
Hey, I just discovered Keepsake Needlearts has a web site!

Has anyone actually bought anything
from them?

I think that Keepsake Needlearts developed from Keepsake Quilting which

has
been in business for years. When I first got the needlework catalog, I

ordered
a cx from them, and have ordered several times since them. The service

has
been excellent. The one time I had a question the person answering the

phone
could answer it. I ordered from Keepsake Quiting for years and never had

problem. Boo

Ditto for me,
Lucille