entrelac

Old February 20th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default entrelac

Hi everyone!
I started teaching myself entrelac knitting last night. But between
watching TV, reading my instructions, and working around the pussycat
on my lap, I kept losing track of which direction I was working in. I
tried putting in a stitch marker to denote the wrong side of the work,
but that wasn't enough to keep me straightened out.

Aside from working in a silent room with no cats around, does anyone
have any good ideas on how to keep myself organized as to where I am
and which way I am going? Thanks!

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in CT
Old February 21st 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Feb 20, 6:07*pm, myswendy wrote:
Hi everyone!
I started teaching myself entrelac knitting last night. But between
watching TV, reading my instructions, and working around the pussycat
on my lap, I kept losing track of which direction I was working in. I
tried putting in a stitch marker to denote the wrong side of the work,
but that wasn't enough to keep me straightened out.

Aside from working in a silent room with no cats around, does anyone
have any good ideas on how to keep myself organized as to where I am
and which way I am going? Thanks!

Wendy, my darling! You cannot do your first entrelac with
distractions.
After the first one, you will know what you are doing, and you will be
fine. But before, that, keep outside influences to a minimum!

Higs,
Katherine
Old February 21st 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

myswendy wrote:
Hi everyone!
I started teaching myself entrelac knitting last night. But between
watching TV, reading my instructions, and working around the pussycat
on my lap, I kept losing track of which direction I was working in. I
tried putting in a stitch marker to denote the wrong side of the work,
but that wasn't enough to keep me straightened out.

Aside from working in a silent room with no cats around, does anyone
have any good ideas on how to keep myself organized as to where I am
and which way I am going? Thanks!

At first I had a few problems keeping it straight, but later on, I only
needed to figure out how to start the section I was on, the rest of it
was pretty easy. It just takes a little practice with the pattern. By
the time you have a few sections done, it will be much easier.

sue
Old February 21st 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

Aside from working in a silent room with no cats around, does anyone
have any good ideas on how to keep myself organized as to where I am
and which way I am going? Thanks!

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in CT

The link you provided is in stocking stitch, so the right side will be the
one with the knit stitches. The stitches slant in the opposite direction
every other row, the first row will lean left, the second right, etc. Look
at the row below and work the slant in the other direction.
DA

Old February 21st 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Feb 21, 1:07*am, myswendy wrote:
Hi everyone!
I started teaching myself entrelac knitting last night. But between
watching TV, reading my instructions, and working around the pussycat
on my lap, I kept losing track of which direction I was working in. I
tried putting in a stitch marker to denote the wrong side of the work,
but that wasn't enough to keep me straightened out.

Aside from working in a silent room with no cats around, does anyone
have any good ideas on how to keep myself organized as to where I am
and which way I am going? Thanks!

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in CT

Wendy i love entrelac , i have even knitted an entrelac Raglan without
seams !!!!
you strat with a base row on which you build a row of triangles ,,
that youTURN the work and work a row of leaning squares , you always
cast on on the self edge without stiches and join the last st of the
new cqst on square now being knitted with a st from the former square
of a former row !!!!!
mirjam

Was: That Hat Pattern/Entrelac Shapes DA Yarn 2 February 16th 06 06:31 PM
I tried entrelac tonight. Aud Yarn 8 January 24th 06 12:13 PM
entrelac knitting betty Yarn 15 July 6th 05 12:26 AM
Entrelac Tunsian Crochet Padishar Creel Yarn 2 May 10th 04 05:49 AM