men's sock garters

Old January 14th 05, 03:53 AM

needlened wrote:
It's hard to descibe... I've seen close up pictures. It's the part
that disconnects and reconnewcts arounf the calf... you make it to open
and close, not just a solid loop arounf the calf. THey are made of
metal, and loop over a little dimple thingy.

Yep. My mom had them on her girdles to hold up her non-pantyhose-style
stockings.
Old January 14th 05, 03:54 AM

needlened wrote:
Thanks but that's retail... as I said we have to make them.

By the time you find all the supplies, it might not be worth your while
to make them. If you need a bunch of them, you could try finding the
lowest-cost supplier and asking them if they would give you a discount
on a large-quantity order.
Old January 14th 05, 04:15 AM
needlened

No way. We already had or now have suppliers for most of it... we can
make them for a FRACTION of the average $10-20 cost... no one is going
to give us an 80% discount.

We need dozens!

NNEd

Old January 14th 05, 08:04 AM

needlened wrote:
No way. We already had or now have suppliers for most of it... we can
make them for a FRACTION of the average $10-20 cost... no one is going
to give us an 80% discount.

We need dozens!

Well, if you can't find all the parts, how do you know that it's going
to come in at a fraction of the cost? Maybe those few parts you can't
find are going to be the ones that hike the price up to the point where
it might be just as easy to buy them in bulk.
Old January 14th 05, 09:19 AM
Liz Cork

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
needlened wrote:
No way. We already had or now have suppliers for most of it... we can
make them for a FRACTION of the average $10-20 cost... no one is going
to give us an 80% discount.

We need dozens!

Well, if you can't find all the parts, how do you know that it's going to
come in at a fraction of the cost? Maybe those few parts you can't find
are going to be the ones that hike the price up to the point where it
might be just as easy to buy them in bulk.

This is a u.k. company, but as your components are small shipping should be
low, try
Sidtrim 0113 2452673 . their website is not functioning
at the moment, they are a tailoring suppliers.
You could also try looking for kilt flash supplies they also use the same
adjusters. Good luck.
Liz

Old January 14th 05, 09:02 PM
needlened

One part it looks like, a little clip. so common sense and a knowledge
of other supplies makes it faily obvious that it won't cost us a few
dollars for that little part.

Old January 14th 05, 09:09 PM
needlened

Thanks, I'll look into the flash supplies though I am unfamiliar with
them.

NNed

Old January 15th 05, 01:00 AM

needlened wrote:
One part it looks like, a little clip. so common sense and a knowledge
of other supplies makes it faily obvious that it won't cost us a few
dollars for that little part.

Well, I hope not -- but I have been surprised in the past at what such
insignificant parts cost if they can't be made in long production runs.