Varathane in small containers?

Old September 29th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Default Varathane in small containers?

Greetings,

I've checked the local big box hardware stores (Lowe's, Home Depot) and
I've only been able to find Varathane Diamond Floor Finish in gallon
cans. I do not need *that* much. Is it available for sale in smaller
containers? Could anyone recommend a reliable online supplier?

--
Lindsey
http://artwork-by-lindsey.blogspot.com

Old September 29th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Georgia wrote:
It comes in cans as small as 8 oz. Call a small-box store, i.e., your local
hardware store, and if they don't have it, ask if they will special order it
for you. I've barely made a dent in the can I bought 3 years ago.

Georgia

Does it keep well, then? My Sculpey glaze completely solidified while
I was studying abroad for a semester.

Old September 29th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Georgia

Oh, yeah, it keeps fine if you seal up the container well. Most people
(including me) decant a small amount
into a jar that is easier to open and close. ANd periodically dilute it with
water so that it is the consistency of whole milk, or a little thicker. I
think Sarajane Helm's site has a lot of information about it, as well as
www.glassattic.com

Georgia

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old October 9th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
twinkiesmom

I found a small container in the hardware section at Target.

Mary