Hi, new builder

Old August 23rd 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
lucy-lu

Default Hi, new builder

Hi all

I am just completing the plans for my first house that I'm going to build
for my daughter. She's only a baby at the moment, but I want to take my
time, do it properly and present it to her when she's much much older.

I was just wondering if you guys had any tips for me?

Thanks

Lucy

Old August 24th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Gerald Miller

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:09:40 +0100, "lucy-lu" wrote:

Hi all

I am just completing the plans for my first house that I'm going to build
for my daughter. She's only a baby at the moment, but I want to take my
time, do it properly and present it to her when she's much much older.

I was just wondering if you guys had any tips for me?

Thanks

Lucy

Start her off at 3-4 with a simple kit house, Walmer used to be good
when we had the store - stay away from punch out thin plywood kits, or
even something from Fisher/Price or Lunby if you can find them; while
she helps you work on a house for both of you. I highly recommend one
of the higher priced kits rather than build from scratch, especially
for the first big house.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old August 24th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Herb

lucy-lu wrote:

Hi all

I am just completing the plans for my first house that I'm going to build
for my daughter. She's only a baby at the moment, but I want to take my
time, do it properly and present it to her when she's much much older.

I was just wondering if you guys had any tips for me?

Thanks

Lucy

I'll second what Gerry said, with a few additions.

Get your dtr a dollhouse to PLAY with. Solid as a rock, with blockey
wooden furniture that can't be destroyed, etc. Otherwise, you'll be
in the position of telling her from the time she's a year old until
she's 5 or so, "Don't touch that, it'll break" and that will turn her
off on the whole thing forever!

- Herb

Old September 21st 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
[email protected]

Lucy,

I work for the instructional video rental company Technical Video
Rental. I came across your post and I think that TRV might have some
videos that you would find very helpful for your doll house project. I
was thinking the videos MM20: Working with Fabrics, MM18: Electrify
Your Dollhouse, and MM22: Kitchen Miniatrures in Polymer could provide
useful information and tips for building your daughter's doll house.
Feel free to check out these and more instructional videos at

http://technicalvideorental.com/inde...+house&x=0&y=0

If there are any questions I can answer, please don't hesitate to write
to me at

Thanks,
MJS