WHITE 999 bobbin jamming problems.

Old November 30th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
dusty

Default WHITE 999 bobbin jamming problems.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having
with a WHITE brand sewing machine, model 999. I don't have the manual
for it.
The thread is getting jammed in the bobbin.
When the machine is jammed it will not push the material through.
The thread unthreads itself from the head.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,
Dusty + Catrina

Old November 30th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno

dusty wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having
with a WHITE brand sewing machine, model 999. I don't have the manual
for it.
The thread is getting jammed in the bobbin.
When the machine is jammed it will not push the material through.
The thread unthreads itself from the head.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,
Dusty + Catrina

My first thought is always, did you try a new needle?
Juno
Old November 30th 06, 08:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate Dicey

Juno wrote:
dusty wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having
with a WHITE brand sewing machine, model 999. I don't have the manual
for it.
The thread is getting jammed in the bobbin.
When the machine is jammed it will not push the material through.
The thread unthreads itself from the head.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,
Dusty + Catrina

My first thought is always, did you try a new needle?
Juno

And did you put the bobbin in the right way round?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 30th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

Is almost always a top thread problem, usually the machine is not correctly
threaded or there is no tension on the top thread. Re-thread the machine as
shown in the manual and set the tension at 4

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
PO Box 60, Sand Lake, NY 12153
ups.com...

Old November 30th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sarah Dale

Kate Dicey wrote:
Juno wrote:
dusty wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having
with a WHITE brand sewing machine, model 999. I don't have the manual
for it.
The thread is getting jammed in the bobbin.
When the machine is jammed it will not push the material through.
The thread unthreads itself from the head.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,
Dusty + Catrina

My first thought is always, did you try a new needle?
Juno

And did you put the bobbin in the right way round?

And are the ends of the threads nice and long before you start sewing
and are you holding them as you start sewing? Some machines have a
slight tendency to 'eat' the thread tails as you start sewing if they
are too short or not held.

Sarah
Old December 1st 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
sewn-sew

Hi

The others have listed the most likely causes and things you should
check out first.

1. check and change the needle. If bent, it may be catching.

2. check and change the spool/bobbin.

3. check the spool unwinds in a clockwise direction ( if this is
correct for your machine - it normally is)

4. Does the machine need cleaned of dust and fluff that builds up in
the 'works'?

5. Is the machine set correctly for the type of material you're using?

Some machines have a threading diagram on the body of the machine. This
may help.

If you can't solve the problem, why not contact White's customer
service department.
http://www.whitesewing.com/customer.asp

Hope you get it going soon.

Carol

Bobbin Problem Mika Quilting 37 September 19th 06 10:13 PM
Help - further behind than before - but having more fun [email protected] Sewing 6 October 4th 05 08:21 PM
Why jewelers encourage white gold than platinum? Michael Jewelry 8 February 14th 04 06:42 PM
good vs bad white gold HurricaneMB Jewelry 2 December 31st 03 11:07 PM
HELP!!! BOBBIN WON'T COME OFF Laura Bartl Quilting 8 November 16th 03 11:16 PM