bobbin case swap?

Old January 13th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default bobbin case swap?

The bobbin case on a Bernina 155 seems to have a sharp edge and is cutting
the thread. (I caught it in the act.) It crosses my little mind that the
bobbin case from the Bernina 1230 would swap over to the 155 with no
problem - or I could cause a terrible disaster. Hurricane Katrina urged my
Bernina guy to build a new shop far away and I am plodding along without
supervision. Do any of you know if using the bobbin case of the 1230 in the
155 is totally harmless or would just be asking for trouble? Polly

Old January 13th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I am not familiar with those machines Polly but most of the companies
are sort of standard on these things. My Bernina 930 bobbin case works
in an 830 but not the newer machines. If they appear to be the same
go ahead and give it a try. I would suggest you go ahead and turn the
wheel by hand gently though as you test. If it is wrong is probably
won't loook alike or even fit. If it creates a problem I take back any
suggestions.
Taria

Old January 13th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Hey again Polly, I nosed around and if this page is right they both
take the same replacement part:
http://sew4less.com/bobbins.php

HTH, Taria

Old January 13th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchy Stitcher

It's my understanding that all Berninas with the CB hook take the same
bobbin case, but you could call a dealer to be sure.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old January 13th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Well, Taria, the cereal numbers (sorry, I just could not help myself) appear
to be the same for the 1230 and the 155. Thank you so much. Coward that I
am, I believe I'll just wait until I can track down my Berina guy. He just
got so angry when he caught me using bargain bobbins that I'm afraid to push
my luck. As much as I would like to, I haven't figured out how to stitch on
two SMs at once anyway. I sincerely thank you. Polly

Old January 13th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Thank you, Linda. That's just what I'm going to do. I had not realized that
bobbin cases really are not expensive and think a spare one would be a good
idea. Polly

"Witchy Stitcher" wrote It's my understanding that all Berninas with the

Old January 13th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

The bobbin case on a Bernina 155 seems to have a sharp edge and is cutting
the thread. (I caught it in the act.) It crosses my little mind that the
bobbin case from the Bernina 1230 would swap over to the 155 with no
problem - or I could cause a terrible disaster. Hurricane Katrina urged my
Bernina guy to build a new shop far away and I am plodding along without
supervision. Do any of you know if using the bobbin case of the 1230 in the
155 is totally harmless or would just be asking for trouble? Polly

Polly, I had a spare bobbin case for my 1260 and kept it when I sold the
1260. That bobbin case fits my 630 just fine, so I'm sure it will fit
your 155.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old January 13th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Thank you, Sandy. Having a spare case might just be big fun. I've wanted to
try those crazy things you can do by hand-winding unusual threads on the
bobbin and stitching upside down. Not me upside down. You know what I
mean. Polly

"Sandy" wrote

Old January 13th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Polly:
Spare case is fun for going wild and
crazy with odd threads. Just change the
spare case tension with wild abandon,
and not worry about messing up your main
case! How cool is that? Do remember to
identify the spare case ... a line of
nail enamel works nicely. I do that for
the spare case, and for my spare needle
plate (face plate? throat plate?)
whatever .... HTH.
PAT in VA/USA

singer bobbin case Karen Quilting 2 April 22nd 06 03:56 AM
Singer 115 bobbin case [email protected] Sewing 1 January 6th 06 08:16 AM
Seeing Stars Swap, Official announcement Terbear Quilting 4 March 31st 05 01:34 AM
Tool Needed... Jim Long Knots 5 July 3rd 04 07:10 PM