First press

Old March 10th 05, 03:10 AM
Cindy Schoepp

Default First press

I am getting ready to by my first press...has anyone ever used this kind?

http://www.kaibeads.com/v-web/portal...php?name=Tools

Which ones do you use and like?

Cindy

Old March 10th 05, 01:20 PM
JavaGirlBT

I like the Zoozii trios and also the CBS presses because you get more than
one size for your money.
-Ellen

Old March 10th 05, 04:47 PM
Kalera Stratton

I've used about all of them, except for the hinged "clamshell" style.
Frankly, I like them all, and each has advantages and disadvantages. I
just ordered the smallest size of the Kaibeads tongs, because I will use
it a lot and tong-style presses have the advantage of being
self-aligning, extremely easy to use, and you have the capability of
making more than one lentil per mandrel. Their only disadvantage is that
they are more expensive per size than the benchtop press styles that
include multiple sizes in one press.

The Corina press uses the base for alignment, which is an additional
initial outlay, but allows you to work very fast once you get the hang
of it. It's possible to sometimes reverse the top of the press while
you're working, though; then your beads come out funny.

The Zooziis are very easy to use and self-aligning because of the pin
system, but the pins can slow you down when you're in a groove. I use my
Zoozii's more than anything besides the Corina Squeeze.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com