another month over

Old April 30th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default another month over

Where does the time go????
It seems like just last week I was posting pics of my two newest
grandbabies. They are now a month and a half old!
Grandbaby #3 (for this year) has still not shown up. You may remember
this was the one who did not know she was pregnant till the 8th month?
Apparently docs were wrong and she wasn't 8 months pregnant when she
found out. She even had ultrasound which indicated the baby should be
born by the end of March. Now they are telling her early to mid May!
It is snowing today! That means that I don't have to spend my day doing
yard work and can stay in the house and sew! I still havn't put a quilt
together for this little one that we are still waiting for, so I think
that will be my starting point for the day. Picking the pattern and
fabric and maybe getting it cut.
I started making valances for my kitchen windows a few weeks ago. I had
bought a pattern that I really liked the looks of not realizing that
the pieces were almost circular. Takes a LOT of fabric and my fabric
that I was planning on was not as wide as called for. Well, you know
how it goes, I had to revamp the pattern to fit on my fabic, and then
of course had to go back to the store to get more fabric. All of this
took way more time than I had just then, so 1 valance is done and up,
the second one is cut out, and the fabric for the last two is washed.

Then, because tax time was looming I had to get books ready for the
accountant, and attend training classes for Census taking.

Oh, darn, as I'm typing this I'm realizing that maybe I should put the
valances first and get them done and put up THEN do the baby quilt.
grrrr..... I'd much rather be quilting....
But, then last night I was thinking I need a new tea cozy to match the
new valances....hmmmm. A patchwork one maybe??? And then a table
runner????

Well, I better get at it. DH is about to go out the door to work and I
have a whole snowy day to myself.

Happy end of April to all!

Marilyn in
wet snowy Alberta

Old April 30th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marilyn, I hope whatever project you do today, you have fun with!!
It's not snowing in my part of Alberta.......yet.....but it won't take much
as it's trying to rain a bit and it's cold

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

ups.com...

Old April 30th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Ann
Are you the Ann up by Viking?
I'm just north west of Calgary.
The snow here has turned to rain, but the lawn is still white. Temp
says +2. Crazy, it was +24 yesterday!
Oh well, I can really use a housebound day!

Hope you have a great day too!

Marilyn

Old April 30th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

EEPS! That is cold. It is a beautiful day out today at a balmy 82 deg.

--
Boca Jan
Southern Florida - land of the hurricanes

oups.com...

Feb is....Month Butterfly Quilting 7 January 30th 06 08:15 PM
New Block Of The Month Design Renmark Craft Corner Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 05:02 AM
New Block Of The Month Renmark Craft Corner Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 05:01 AM
Cowboy Man of the Month? (not OT) Dragonfly Quilting 5 October 31st 03 04:23 PM
Calling all newbies Cher Yarn 22 September 6th 03 09:34 AM