Heat Set Crafter's Pigment Ink

Old July 26th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
AndyG

Default Heat Set Crafter's Pigment Ink

Greetings everyone. Would some of you please give me specifics about
how to Heat Set Crafter's Pigment Ink? I have read ClearSnap's
information and the posts here in this group, however I would like to
know the specific techniques and tools used. I am not embossing,
however I am stamping with the Crafter's Pigment Ink with the
probability of the stamped sheet getting wet, or humid from time to
time. For instance if you use an Clothing Iron, and iron the stamped
sheet by placing another sheet on top ... then please tell me on what
heat setting you have the iron, how long you iron, what kind of paper
you use to iron on, etc. If you use a heat gun please tell me the
specifics ... what kind of heat gun, how close do you hold it, for how
long. Please include advantages, and disadvantages and any other tips
and tricks you are willing to share. Thank you in advance. Andy

Old July 29th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

I'm no expert, but when I heat-set pigment ink, I use my Milwaukee
heat gun. I hold it about 2-3 inches above the paper and wave it back
and forth or in a circular motion so as not to scorch the paper.
Usually I'd guess about 30 seconds, I've never timed it. I let the
paper/ink cool, then touch it gently and see if any ink comes off on
my finger - if so, I heat it some more. Obviously the best thing
would be to do a few trials with the paper and ink you plan to use to
find out the optimum time for heat-setting with your particular tools.

I don't know what the specifics of your project are, but if it's
something that's likely to get wet, I really would recommend using a
different ink, such as Staz-On, that's more designed for such
applications. Staz-On doesn't have the color palette that ClearSnap
does, but they do have a number of colors now other than black.

--Barbara

Old August 1st 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Connie \(Kendall\) Bartley

You might think it is costly, but invest in a heat gun. I have had mine for
over 8 years and it is still going strong. whatever color of pigment ink you
buy , you can use it to emboss with. No mater what kind of embossing ink you
have whether it is clear, white,black or any other color. If you use the
silver, gold, bronze, copper, brass powders, you will get only these colors.
(metals) So if you want to emboss in the metal colors you only need black
embossing ink and then all these powders. I have never used an iron to do
embossing with. I have heard that some ladies hold the paper over the
toaster to set the ink.

--
Connie Bartley

ups.com...

Old August 27th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
mary

On 1 ago, 23:07, "Connie \(Kendall\) Bartley"
wrote:
You might think it is costly, but invest in a heat gun. I have had mine for
over 8 years and it is still going strong. whatever color of pigment ink you
buy , you can use it to emboss with. No mater what kind of embossing ink you
have whether it is clear, white,black or any other color. If you use the
silver, gold, bronze, copper, brass powders, you will get only these colors.
(metals) So if you want to emboss in the metal colors you only need black
embossing ink and then all these powders. I have never used an iron to do
embossing with. I have heard that some ladies hold the paper over the
toaster to set the ink.

--
Connie Bartley

"AndyG" wrote in message

ups.com...

Greetings everyone. Would some of you please give me specifics about
how to Heat Set Crafter's Pigment Ink? I have read ClearSnap's
information and the posts here in this group, however I would like to
know the specific techniques and tools used. I am not embossing,
however I am stamping with the Crafter's Pigment Ink with the
probability of the stamped sheet getting wet, or humid from time to
time. For instance if you use an Clothing Iron, and iron the stamped
sheet by placing another sheet on top ... then please tell me on what
heat setting you have the iron, how long you iron, what kind of paper
you use to iron on, etc. If you use a heat gun please tell me the
specifics ... what kind of heat gun, how close do you hold it, for how
long. Please include advantages, and disadvantages and any other tips
and tricks you are willing to share. Thank you in advance. Andy- Ocultar texto de la cita -

- Mostrar texto de la cita -

muchas gracias por aceptarme en el grupo

Pigment Ink Recipe AndyG Rubberstamps 0 May 16th 07 08:40 PM
crafter's choice books Stella Fenley Yarn 6 July 9th 04 04:01 PM
Crafter's website Cheryl and Rob General Crafting 1 June 16th 04 06:28 AM
Crafter's web site Cheryl and Rob Carving 0 June 16th 04 04:00 AM