Discussion Topic: Knit vs Crochet

Old July 17th 03, 07:10 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Discussion Topic: Knit vs Crochet

Hi Group!
IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
Hugs,
Noreen

** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
Noreen**

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old July 17th 03, 07:32 PM
Brian D

Hi the

I prefer to knit, just because most of my knowledge lies in that area
Best Wishes

Donna from Ontario, Canada

Old July 17th 03, 07:59 PM
Allaya Diep

It really depends on what's being made for me...I prefer the process of
knitting and the fabric it produces for garments/wearable items, but I think
crochet produces better looking lace (MHO).

I also like how fast crocheting goes...I'm just a sloooooooow knitter!

Allaya

Old July 17th 03, 10:33 PM
Jo

Well, right now I prefer crocheting as I'm just learning how to knit and it
goes much slower for me. I've been crocheting for almost 30 years now, so it's
much more familiar to me than knitting. However, the reason I'm trying to learn
to knit is because I like the way the knitted fabric comes out, like in
sweaters, hats, etc.

Jo

Subject: Discussion Topic: Knit vs Crochet

Old July 18th 03, 02:26 AM
Mischief

I prefer to crochet because I do mostly afghans so they work up a lot
quicker crocheting than knitting.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old July 18th 03, 03:22 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Jo,

Well, just remember with your knitting if you ever have a question, come here
as we will help figure it out. I learned to knit mittens when I was 16 then
crocheting at age 25. Been doing both since, love knitting for sweaters etc.
and crochet for afghans and dolies.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 18th 03, 05:50 PM
Molvik Family

Right now, Knitting. But it is new and exciting for me (been at it only
since January), as opposed to crocheting since 1991.

JJMolvik

Old July 19th 03, 03:27 PM
spampot

What Carol said.

Carol in TN wrote:
I would agree with you. Crochet is quicker but knitting is more relaxing
for me. Also, I prefer the knit fabric produced.
Carol in TN

Old July 20th 03, 08:46 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ooooo Noreen i had to think think and can`t answer , i think it
deppends on the thread , the End goal of the work , etc,,,
mirjam

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Hi Group!
IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
Hugs,
Noreen

** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
Noreen**

I'm with you, Noreen. I love them both, but definitely prefer knitting
to crocheting.

The Other Kim