Attention KATHERINE

Old July 15th 03, 07:14 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Attention KATHERINE

Wanted you to know, you ARE missed.
Also, if you are having trouble with Google news*while on holiday*,
why not use Mailgate instead?
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)
=A0
=A0
http://www.myegroups.com
Group Code:
3258C1
Picot Page
=A0
Group Code:
32B6E6
Needles, Hooks, Shuttles and Bobbins
=A0

Old July 15th 03, 12:57 PM
Katherine

Noreen's Knit*che wrote
Wanted you to know, you ARE missed.
Also, if you are having trouble with Google news*while on holiday*,
why not use Mailgate instead?

Thanks, sweetie. However, we will be leaving here tomorrow
(Wednesday), and I'll be back to my regular provider by MOnday. Maybe
I'll try that next year.
Hugs,
Katherine
Old July 16th 03, 01:36 PM
Anna MCM

Katherine wrote:

LOL Els, I did my yarn shopping already. I probably have a large
enough stash now to keep me occupied for a couple of years. I also
have some new books - including Nancy Bush's Socks on the Road,
which I will explore in detail when I get home. I also found something
called Knitting for Dummies, which is going to be a very useful
reference book. RIght now, I don't dare buy any more! Aside from the
fact that I have run out of money, I have no more room to put things
for traveling.
We leave today for the Valley (Annapolis) and then home. I am looking
forward to getting back into my own routine.

Hi Katherine!

First of all I wish you a nice trip back home!
Space for stash is never enough in the luggage, isnīt it?
I would like, when you have time, to hear more about Knitting for
dummies.

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 22nd 03, 01:54 AM
Katherine Burgess

Anna Maria,
"Knitting for Dummies" has the same kind of black and white cover as the
other "Dummies" books - "Internet for Dummies", etc. It contains all the
basics plus explanations of more complicated stitched and techniques. I
think, from looking it over while we were travelling, that it will become an
invaluable reference book.
The trip home was mostly uneventful, except for the fact that I found some
more yarn. Sigh! It was Boa by Bernat, and it was cheaper in Greenwood than
anywhere else in Atlantic Canada.
Also, someone posted pictures of a rug she had knitted with a Crafter's
Cotton, and told us that the yarn was all but impossible to find. Well, she
was right! However, at Zeller's in Mirimachi, I found their last six balls,
which they were selling off for $1.50 a ball, and bought it all. Now all I
have to do is find the pattern in my in-box! LOL
Katherine

Old July 22nd 03, 01:59 AM
Katherine Burgess

Els,
First of all, thank you for showing me "Gretchen's bag" - very nice!
We are home now, and I am not even going to try to catch up on over 1200
messages that are here in RCTY. It took us (Keith and me) about 10 trips
each to unload the van. Now I have to unpack everything! Oh, dear! Then I
have to pay for it as the bills come in. Ouch! I am giving myself one week
to do the unpacking - starting slowly, and working my way up to it.
The books were waiting for me when I got home. Thank you so much for them. I
have to finish "City" first, but should be able to get to Phyllis Whitney by
the weekend. I am looking forward to reading them.
The Valley was lovely, but too hot for me. I am definitely a winter woman.
LOL
Hugs,
Katherine

Old July 22nd 03, 05:29 AM
Shillelagh

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message

The trip home was mostly uneventful, except for the fact that I found some
more yarn. Sigh! It was Boa by Bernat, and it was cheaper in Greenwood

than
anywhere else in Atlantic Canada.

The mention of Greenwood brings back a lot of memories for me. When my son
graduated from Nav school, his first tour and a few others was in Greenwood.
I visited him and his wife many times there. They took me to Peggy's Cove a
couple of times; and one summer week, we went camping around the Cabot
Trail. That was beautiful!!

I only remember one mall in Greenwood, and don't remember what the main
store was that anchored it. My daughter-in-law worked in the bookstore
there for a few years, and loved it.

Shelagh