Ot Ne book Question

Old July 11th 03, 09:06 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot Ne book Question

My Interweave knits was waiting for me when i came home, First for
those interested in ruffles there are several projects and ads showing
ruffles .
I wanted to ask, if anyone has already the cahnce to look into the
book advertised there [p10]
Knitting for Anarchists , By Anna Zilboorg ,,, i just need to know ???
just my kind of Name to catch my eye and intrigue me ,,,,
mirjam
Old July 12th 03, 04:10 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

It struck me as the latest in a long line of books aimed at giving people
permission to experiment with their knitting. Personally, I gave myself
that permission about 30 years ago!

| On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:17:43 GMT, "SlinkyToy" wrote:

I haven't laid hands on a copy, but several folks who have tell me it is
uncharacteristically simple for AZ. One gal told me it struck her as AZ's
(belated) effort to get on the Knitting Renaissance Bandwagon with a
"knitting for twits" type publication.

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
My Interweave knits was waiting for me when i came home, First for
those interested in ruffles there are several projects and ads showing
ruffles .
I wanted to ask, if anyone has already the cahnce to look into the
book advertised there [p10]
Knitting for Anarchists , By Anna Zilboorg ,,, i just need to know ???
just my kind of Name to catch my eye and intrigue me ,,,,
mirjam

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old July 13th 03, 08:41 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Slinky and Helen , as i wonder on which book to spend my not
too large self budget, your insights are worth Purls !!!!sorry meant
to write Pearls of course !!!!
So buy it or not buy it ? is the question??? I think me too Helen have
slowly loosened the grips of "Must and Must not rules" about 30 minus
plus years and still am breaking some rules every time ,,,
mirjam

Old July 13th 03, 03:54 PM
Katherine

(Els van Dam) wrote
Most of the magazines I
read now I buy when I want them. I still subscribe some of the younger
members in our family and friend's circles to Owl and Chickadee and Chirp
magazines. These are Canandian publications, although the publisher is
now French.

They do that as well. I always return these requests with a note to tell
them I will renew until one month ahead of the due date, but not a half a
year ahead of time. In the end, "I get the feeling" that you renew sooner
and sooner and end up paying a whole year extra. I also know that most
magazines are hanging in there by the skin of their teeths. many little
publicatons loose this battle. I still do not think that i have to renew
that far ahead of time. See Helen.....I certainly have a bone to pick
here, you got me started....LOL

I agree with you, Els. I have renewed subscriptions well in advance,
only to have the magazine close down and I lost my money. I also live
on a budget, and really can't afford to do this. My local newsagent
has finally been ablt to get one of the magazines I want, but so far,
no FCEK. So I get that one when I am in Halifax, or ask my DIL to get
it for me. For me, it is cheaper to buy some of them on the newsstand
than to subscribe to them.

The bad thing about single issues is that you can't always get the ones
you want.

Yes! I hate it when that happens!
Katherine

Old July 13th 03, 04:12 PM
spampot

I agree, but there are probably a lot of people like me out there who
aren't particularly daring or self-confident, and need guidelines on how
to experiment...just as some people really need to follow recipes for
years before they grasp what can and can't be experimented with for
cooking. I've taken what I considered daring steps in knitting, and
most have worked out, but they're pretty wimpy compared to, say, yours
or Slinky's or Mirjam's!

Old July 13th 03, 09:00 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

I think if I didn't already have so many knitting books in that genre, I
might be tempted, but I have such a big collection that I'm very hard to
tempt these days, especially at new book prices.