Elbow protector

Old July 21st 03, 07:34 PM
NoraBalcer

Default Elbow protector

Just have to tell you what my DH asked me to make for him. He called it an
elbow protector as he wanted me to knit/crochet him a band to go around his
elbow as he has very dry skin that keeps cracking open when he has it on his
chair arm or the cupboard where he sits and reads. What I did was I cast on 30
stitches and just did the stockinette stitch until it fit around his arm then
on each side so it didn't curl I did four rows of single crochet. He is a very
happy camper and loves the color and now wants a sweater too. What did I use,
my favorite and his too, Starbright.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 22nd 03, 05:36 AM
Shillelagh

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Just have to tell you what my DH asked me to make for him. He called it an
elbow protector as he wanted me to knit/crochet him a band to go around

his
elbow as he has very dry skin that keeps cracking open when he has it on

his
chair arm or the cupboard where he sits and reads. What I did was I cast

on 30
stitches and just did the stockinette stitch until it fit around his arm

then
on each side so it didn't curl I did four rows of single crochet. He is a

very
happy camper and loves the color and now wants a sweater too. What did I

use,
my favorite and his too, Starbright.

Hugs,

Nora

Hey cool! That sounds like something I should do - I think I'm getting
"tennis elbow" and when I sit in my lounge chair in the porch, it really
irritates my left elbow. I could slip that on and maybe my elbow wouldn't
get so sore!

Love
Shelagh

Old July 22nd 03, 07:52 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Shillelagh"
wrote:

Hey cool! That sounds like something I should do - I think I'm getting
"tennis elbow" and when I sit in my lounge chair in the porch, it really
irritates my left elbow. I could slip that on and maybe my elbow wouldn't
get so sore!

Love
Shelagh

Sounds to me your need a tencer bandage and help of a physio therapist.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 22nd 03, 04:18 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:36:27 -0500, "Shillelagh" wrote:

Hey cool! That sounds like something I should do - I think I'm getting
"tennis elbow" and when I sit in my lounge chair in the porch, it really
irritates my left elbow. I could slip that on and maybe my elbow wouldn't
get so sore!

The pattern that came with my sock machine is a little more elaborate. It's
ribbed, apart from where it has a heel turn in the middle to cup the elbow
joint. Very fitted!

For myself I prefer an arm sock without the elbow turn. It covers from the
wrist to the elbow, keeping the big forearm muscle and tendons cozy, warm,
and flexible.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/