Attention KATHERINE

Old July 22nd 03, 07:56 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Shillelagh"
wrote:

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message

The trip home was mostly uneventful, except for the fact that I found some
more yarn. Sigh! It was Boa by Bernat, and it was cheaper in Greenwood

than
anywhere else in Atlantic Canada.

The mention of Greenwood brings back a lot of memories for me. When my son
graduated from Nav school, his first tour and a few others was in Greenwood.
I visited him and his wife many times there. They took me to Peggy's Cove a
couple of times; and one summer week, we went camping around the Cabot
Trail. That was beautiful!!

I only remember one mall in Greenwood, and don't remember what the main
store was that anchored it. My daughter-in-law worked in the bookstore
there for a few years, and loved it.

Shelagh

Small world Katherine and Shelagh.....I have a friend and her husband was
a wing comander at Greenwood. Year ago Otto and I took the train from
Toronto to NB and the ferry across to Greenwood. We stayed with them for
a weekend and we flew home after traveling all along the outside coastal
roads to Halifax. this was in the mid eighties

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 22nd 03, 08:16 AM
Anna MCM

Katherine Burgess wrote:

Anna Maria,
"Knitting for Dummies" has the same kind of black and white cover as the
other "Dummies" books - "Internet for Dummies", etc. It contains all the
basics plus explanations of more complicated stitched and techniques. I
think, from looking it over while we were travelling, that it will become an
invaluable reference book.

Thanks Katherine!

Now I know of a good reference book.

The trip home was mostly uneventful, except for the fact that I found some
more yarn. Sigh! It was Boa by Bernat, and it was cheaper in Greenwood than
anywhere else in Atlantic Canada.
Also, someone posted pictures of a rug she had knitted with a Crafter's
Cotton, and told us that the yarn was all but impossible to find. Well, she
was right! However, at Zeller's in Mirimachi, I found their last six balls,
which they were selling off for $1.50 a ball, and bought it all. Now all I
have to do is find the pattern in my in-box! LOL
Katherine

A dear friend of mine managed to find something like that for me at a
sale in Italy. 1 kg for 10 euros!
Now I have only to go and take it!
You find the link to the pattern in my answer to your other message.

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 22nd 03, 02:59 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Shillelagh" wrote ...

"Katherine Burgess" wrote

snip

The mention of Greenwood brings back a lot of memories for me. When my

son
graduated from Nav school, his first tour and a few others was in

Greenwood.
I visited him and his wife many times there. They took me to Peggy's Cove

couple of times; and one summer week, we went camping around the Cabot
Trail. That was beautiful!!

I only remember one mall in Greenwood, and don't remember what the main
store was that anchored it. My daughter-in-law worked in the bookstore
there for a few years, and loved it.

Glad to have brought back memories for you, Shelagh. Isn't Greenwood itself
a horrible place? I find it hot, and very unattractive. My sister lived
there for a few years, and I hated visiting her. It was like any other
military base, but hotter. Fortunately, there were nice places nearby.
I can't remember an "anchor" store in the mall - but it was likely the
supermarket. LOL I got my yarn at Atlantic Fabrics, which surprised me,
because they usually don't carry much. Now they have sock yarns, and some of
the novelty yarns.
I also got some fabulous buys at Reitmans - 70% off the lowest sale price. I
am outfitted for school now! g
Katherine

Old July 22nd 03, 03:02 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Anna MCM" wrote
Thanks Katherine!

Now I know of a good reference book.

You're welcome, Anna Maria. And thank you for the link. I have printed it
out now, and will store it will the wool, until I get around to knitting it.
Katherine