Ot what to wear while flying the broom ?

Old July 16th 03, 11:28 PM
Els van Dam

In article , llama mama
wrote:

(Els van Dam) wrote in
:

I also will wear my knitted and felted slippers with bells on the
toes.......

oooh! is there a pattern for these? my 3-in-2-weeks son starts preschool
at the end of August & needs slippers to wear while in school (it's a
Montessori school). i think he'd really like something like that.

lee

Hi Lee the pattern I have is from Fiber Trends I think that they are
located in Bellingham, Washington. She may have a website as well. You
knit the slippers on fat circular needles with a wool that felts well.
The slipper are knitted very loosly and when put in the washing machine
will felt.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 16th 03, 11:28 PM
Els van Dam

In article 1ZfRa.8466$Bp2.2843@fed1read07, "Allaya Diep"
wrote:

Broomstick Lace, of course! In fact, you can even make some while
flying. Is there a law against that? Crocheting and flying a broom?
hehehe

Allaya

Allaya....no laws where we are flying.......LOL

Els

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Now Elsje you opened it ,, hahahah let`s explore the possibilities
As i wrote i just cleaned the old broom, oiled the old stick or rod [
how do you call it?] the brushing part of mine was old Straw of course
, needed some cleaning and filling in those that broke and fell off ,
after all mine is a 60 year old used broom !!!
A scarf you say to hold off the cold and maybe cover our hair ,, al
this neat hair dos !!!! i also would suggest a light cape to keep our
clothes neat , and dust free , not to mention the winds one encounters
Up there ... Now another matter is what kind of bag one carries , i
preffer my regular rucksack ??? any ideas
hahahahha mirjam

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 17th 03, 02:17 AM
AGRES

I always thought that knitting needles were the origin of the magic wand
idea. Just get some made out of lignum vite.

Aaron

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"CMM PDX2" wrote in message
Been reading this thread and giggling madly...I almost dread to bring

this
up
again, but do you guys realize how much you're sounding like Terry

Pratchett's
'Three Wyrd Sisters'? eg Especially Nanny Ogg and Magrat. Heck, Nanny

Ogg
would've loved your shoulder bag, Els. She always had to stuff her cat

Greebo
in a sack! (a very dangerous proposition, indeed, considering what

Greebo
is
like...) Magrat would be the witch playing her guitar, with flower

blossoms
dropping flower out of her hair.

Now me...I've decided I'm gonna be Nanny Ogg when I grow up. Anyone who

can
outlive that many husbands (several of whom she didn't marry), tell

jokes
that
would make a sailor blush, and always carries beer-bottles in her

knickers, is
my kinda role model! vbeg

Well I can bring my magic wand but it only works if I bring my pointy hat
and my knitting!

Margrat

Old July 17th 03, 08:15 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Well Ophelia the whole idea was to add some fun to life !!!
And Margrat
hahahah
But i have no idea who those "persons were " whose names you wrote.
'Three Wyrd Sisters'? eg Especially Nanny Ogg and Magrat. Heck, NannOgg
would've loved your shoulder bag, Els. She always had to stuff her cat

Greebo

Wl I can bring my magic wand but it only works if I bring my pointy
hat
I think that any kniting needle is an original Magic wand ,, look it a
stick that takes aa trhread is moved a bit up, down etc,,, and Voila a
knitted garment comes out , now if this isn`t proper magic ? waht do
you call magic ??
mirjam
Old July 17th 03, 11:18 PM
CMM PDX2

Els wrote:

Monica....I have been reading several of the Terry Pratchett's
books but not that one,

snip

Els, 'Three Wyrd Sisters' is the one in which he introduces Granny Weatherwax,
Nanny Ogg, and Magrat.(and yes, 'Magrat' is spelled correctly. her *mother* was
a bad speller, which is why she's not 'Margaret.' in the Kingdom of Lancre,
once your name is said out loud the first time at your naming, that's it. this
is why Magrat, now queen of Lancre, has a daughter whose middle name is, 'Note
Spelling.' g it's a long story...cv. 'Carpe Jugulum.')

But you can enjoy any of Pratchett's books that have those characters without
reading that particular one. You get a real good idea of their personalities
right quick, LOL.

Now, back to broomsticking...uh, hey... Did we post a warning *not* to be
trying to lug any curling stones??? Working broomstick lace in-flight *is*
allowed, of course. Nay, encouraged!

Els, I like the barred owl idea. Owls are great!

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/