I smell like chicken when I'm cooked and Sandblasted Beads!

Old July 10th 03, 01:07 PM
Steve & Susan Wright

I will say that you don't have a blister and you don't have pain and it
works fine as long as you don't hold it so close as to cause more damage.
As you notice I said without doing further damage.
Susan W

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe burn

but
it really works on most.
When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking up

hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close as

you
can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes.

I really WISH people WOULD NOT POST THIS ADVICE
it is NOT GOOD ADVICE - and it is DANGEROUS..

the only reason it quits hurting is you are burning it more until the

NERVE
ENDINGS DIE...
you aren't making it any better!

stop doing this!
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 10th 03, 04:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

Yes. Cold water. It stops the flesh from cooking. You need to do this or you
get a worse burn, sometimes going from one stage to another, even! ! ! ! !
But no ice. Ice can damage the already-damaged skin. (NO ICE, not even in the
water.)

immerse it in cool tap water.

That is always the first thing I do with a major
burn, find something large enough to immerse
the body part in and fill it with water and a
little ice. Then I keep the burned part in it
for an hour or two. By the time I take it out,
the worst is usually over. (depending on
the burn or course....). Unless I'm working,
of course, then I might forget to soak it until
I finish whatever has riveted my attention to
the point where I wasn't feeling the pain.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne