OT That chocolate cherry pie cake

Old October 2nd 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default OT That chocolate cherry pie cake

In fulfillment of my obligation as the Official
Chocolate Taster of RCTQ, I made the chocolate cherry
pie cake recipe that Leslie mentioned in a recent food
thread.

So, I am here to report:
Yummy Yummy Yummy!

DH and I really like it. My friend is mad for it. She
and I sat around eating cake and dreaming up new
variations! If I make any of those, I will report here.

Same batt time ....
same batt channel!

Chocolatey Grins,
PAT in VA/USA
Old October 2nd 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Isn't it easy and super yummy? I am making it to take to church for the
coffee and goodies after services.

Here's another simple yet naughty one that's rather similar:

Cherry Upside Down Cake

Ingredients-

2 cans cherry pie filling- the 'more fruit' kind is best for this
1 box devil's food cake mix

Directions-

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
Pour one can of cherry pie filling into each of two prepared 8 in. round
cake pans. Spread evenly.

Pour batter over cherries, dividing equally between the two pans.

Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool pan 10 minutes.
Invert onto serving plates. Serve warm or cooled.

Leslie (who would add mini chocolate chips to the cake mix... just because!)
& The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 3rd 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Pat will you please re-post the receipe? Somehow or another I must have
missed it!
Thanks, Barbara in SC

Old October 3rd 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh, no!!
I am seriously going to have to make this one!!!!!
And make sure there is a potluck at work so I won't be tempted to eat
it myself!

Ginger in CA
On Oct 2, 3:17 pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
[...]

PAT in VA/USA- Hide quoted text -

Old October 3rd 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

Oh, MY!!!! now i really have to make that recipe! And this one is even
easier!
there goes the 4 lbs i lost.....i'll find them yet! LOL!
amy

Old October 3rd 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'm not Pat (VBG) but I have the recipe, so here goes-

CHERRY CHIP BARS
(Yield: 40 Servings)

Bars

2 pkgs. "JIFFY" Devil's Food Cake Mix (or one regular size box of cake mix-
Jiffys are 1/2 size for one 8-9 in. pan)
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
6 oz. chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract

Glaze
1 pkg. "JIFFY" Fudge Frosting Mix
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
6 oz. chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. water

1.. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and dust with flour a 15" x 10" jelly
roll pan.
2.. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed
until blended. Beat 1 minute on medium speed.
3.. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, until top
springs back when lightly pressed.
4.. Let cool slightly while preparing glaze.
5.. For glaze, melt butter in saucepan with chips, over medium heat.
6.. Add frosting mix and water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
Frost top of warm cake. Cool and cut into squares

Note- I figgered the mixer would chop up the cherries, so I only put about
half the cherries and most of the "gravy" (???) from the cherries into the
mix with the eggs and added the rest of the cherries at the very end of the
mixing. That way I had some whole cherries and some good-sized chunks of
cherries in the cake. I baked it in two 9 in. round cake pans instead of
the larger rectangular pan. I didn't use the glaze on mine. YUMMY!!!
*Highly* recommended for quick and easy and really good.

Old October 3rd 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

It sounds really yummy.
Here is my shopping list.
Just trot off to Birmingham airport.
Get on a plane to USA.
Go to nearest supermarket.
Pick up 2 packets of Jiffy Devils food cake mix.

Might as well get the cherries whilst I am there and the chocolate
chips.

Fly back home. Go to son's house and get the eggs from the hen house.
Bake cake. LOL

I wonder if there are substitutes in UK shops.
Shirley

In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old October 3rd 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I wonder if Jane Asher's chocolate cake would do?
..
In message , Shirley Shone
writes
It sounds really yummy.
Here is my shopping list.
Just trot off to Birmingham airport.
Get on a plane to USA.
Go to nearest supermarket.
Pick up 2 packets of Jiffy Devils food cake mix.

Might as well get the cherries whilst I am there and the chocolate
chips.

Fly back home. Go to son's house and get the eggs from the hen house.
Bake cake. LOL

I wonder if there are substitutes in UK shops.
Shirley

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 3rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Just any powdered/dry chocolate cake mix- ours call for several eggs and
water and then beat them with an electric mixer for a few minutes. Does
that help you to think of a substitute? Wish I could be more helpful.....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

.