Really basic question....

Old April 16th 05, 07:56 PM
BEI Design

joy beeson wrote:
(And do you spell "basting" with or without an "e" -- it
looks wrong both ways.)

"Drop the 'e' and add 'ing' "...that's the rule I learned:

abide = abiding
waste = wasting
taste = tasting
abate = abating
paste = pasting
abase = abasing
impute = imputing
mate = mating

HTH,

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old April 17th 05, 11:53 AM
romanyroamer

I have, when teaching very young children to hand sew, knotted the thread at
both ends. One knot is against the eye of the needle and the other is
embedded in the fabric.
The knot at the eye passes through the fabric easily but stops the thread
pulling through the needle. This prevents a lot of the frustration that
children experience when they keep pulling the needle of the
thread......Amelia

BASIC (?) question Michaela Yarn 6 July 22nd 04 04:09 PM
basic question just me Beads 43 February 5th 04 02:17 AM
New Question - Purl Stitch Kristy Malarkey Yarn 10 January 20th 04 12:25 AM
Basic Machine Quilting Question Marcia Smith Quilting 25 November 2nd 03 05:43 PM
Basic wheel throwing question - centering Elric Pottery 16 October 17th 03 04:24 AM