Stained Glass Software

Old July 11th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

Default Stained Glass Software

On Jul 10, 4:34 pm, Michael wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! I talked to a very nice lady at
Southern Glass down here in Jacksonville, Florida, today, and she is
an absolute believer in the Glass Eye software from Dragonfly that you
have mentioned. I was envious of their beautiful printer/plotter,
too. What a great design combination.

Michael

Hey there Michael,

I hope you found what you were looking for ! If you plan to take a
course, I'd pay the extra money and try and get a 'one on one' with an
instructor instead of taking a class. You'll come out much further
ahead in the short and longer term.

just my .02

Cheers,

/MM

Old July 11th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 9:39 pm, wrote:
Tisn't as

easy as it looks.

Yes it is.
The only skill required is patience.

For anyone that wants to learn to do stained glass, there's a number
of Tutorials on the Glass Campus website along with an entire book you
can download.
http://www.glasscampus.com

If you're interested in asking technical questions without enduring
the childish tawdry behaviour of such as these, there's a Bulletin
Board.

Old July 11th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

On Jul 10, 10:49 pm, wrote:
On Jul 10, 9:39 pm, wrote:

Tisn't as

easy as it looks.

Yes it is.
The only skill required is patience.

For anyone that wants to learn to do stained glass, there's a number
of Tutorials on the Glass Campus website along with an entire book you
can download.http://www.glasscampus.com

If you're interested in asking technical questions without enduring
the childish tawdry behaviour of such as these, there's a Bulletin
Board.

Ahhhh,

You must be da' brady (sorry about the pun) all the cornholio's speak
so fondly of.... They mistook me for you ! Can you believe
that ?
In any event, your advice is sound. Everything I've learned so far
(which is somewhat limited so far...) has been from others, online, or
otherwise, so by all means, it can certainly be done without having to
take a course. Most of the people in these NG's probably started the
same way.......

Cheers,

/MM

Old July 11th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

On Jul 10, 9:13 am, Ron Parker this#is
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:43:43 -0400, Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Mon, 9 Jul 2007
22:56:02 -0400, Moonraker, wrote:

Anybody get a whiff of a troll (or two) in our midst?

I know this will come as a great shock, but Jman = dennis.

It may appear that way from the way he acts like Dennis, but Jman is
probably not Dennis. Still in Canada, apparently, but it appears he's
in Alberta rather than in BC.

Hey there Ronald,

I only attack people who '**** me off'. "Sploogeboy" did just that
and his little entourage decided to get vocal. Unlike "Sploogeboy", I
don't profess to be a nice guy and that's because I'm not. In reality
I'm probably a ******* but I certainly don't go around NG's acting
like the 'School Yard Bully'. As soon as you challenge a person like
that, they get their panties in a twist and he's no different. He's
an insecure individual and his little entourage of "Quiff Wannabe's"
are even worse....

Don't be a wannabe Ronald. I already feel sorry for these guys. Do
you want my pity too ?

/MM

Old July 11th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

On Jul 11, 12:26 am, Steve Ackman
wrote:
In .com, on Tue, 10
Jul 2007 21:34:58 -0700, Jman, wrote:

Anyway, this Brady guy of which you
speak is in "Victoria, BC" (as you are now aware). Alberta is the
next province over.

I never said anything about Alberta. You might want
to try to read a bit more carefully.

$ grep "24.71.223.141" *

Dennis Brady comes up a bunch of times at that IP
address. In case you're not aware, that's the IP
address you're posting from now.

Now think about that fact very carefully. You and
Dennis have a record of a shared IP address. What
would you opine is the meaning of that?

Oh, that's rhetorical, BTW.

Hmmmmm,

Yes I can see what you mean. I guess I've been had ! I can't believe
It, gosh your just regular Sherlock, now aren't you !

Stevie, listen man.... If you don't know what you are talking about,
then you really should just not say anything at all. I mean, buddy
it's embarassing for all of us on the NG when you do these kind's of
things...Dude. It's no wonder you guys are so freaking paranoid !
Learn to tell the difference between a "Gateway address and a
dedicated IP, Ok Stevie ? Good God man ! You're posting on a
"GOOOOOOOOGLE Group" for Christ Sakes ! Why didn't you just GOOGLE
the freakin' IP ? Uggghhh, you suck buddy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:24.71.223.141

(and just to be clear... SHAW cable runs across the entire country.
Good luck identifying anyone that way...Heh, heh)

/MM

PS: "Opine", really man ? I mean the only people I know that like to
use that word are lawyers. Hahahah..."Hot damn, you're a lawyer or
paralegal aren't you Stevie" ?

Old July 11th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

"Jman" wrote in message

who gives a rat's ass what he wrote, he's a ****in' troll, starve him to
death and he will die.

If he isn't a Brady, he is close enough in my book to be from the same gene
pool, and just as ignorant. Not very impressive in his questions or
answers. and just as arrogant as he believes Americans to be.

I don't need to use a kill filter, it's easy enough laugh at his taunts, and
see thru his jealous postings.

Old July 11th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 10:26 pm, Jman wrote:
On Jul 10, 10:49 pm, wrote:

On Jul 10, 9:39 pm, wrote:

[...]

Anyone with elementary reading skills can quickly learn, online or
from books, everything they need to learn to do stained glass. Anyone
with a little patience and about a years practice, can be do the same
calibre of work as any of this little group. That's why there are now
so many glass artisans that many (like this embittered collective) are
no longer able to make a living at it.

Dennis Brady

www.glasscampus.com - Glass Campus Online Tutorials
www.debrady.com - DeBrady Glassworks - a new dimension in glass
www.victartglass.com - Victorian Art Glass - wholesale supplies.

Old July 11th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Now think about that fact very carefully. You and
Dennis have a record of a shared IP address. What
would you opine is the meaning of that?

Oh, that's rhetorical, BTW.

Most of Western Canada has that IP.

DUH!!!!!!!!

Old July 11th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Moonraker wrote:

Have you ever made "anything" in stained glass?

***********
Yes. A long time ago I made several windows, both lead came and tape,
and a couple geometric lamps. But it's been so long, I pretty much
consider myself to be starting up all over again. I didn't have much
trouble with the actual physical skills. My biggest problem is that
artistically I'm a pig. Since there are many ready-made patterns
available, I should OK there. To choose glass I'll pick some and then
ask for opinions from my family and others.

The work I do will never match professional quality, but that won't
keep me from being proud of it. I'm on vacation this month, but I
will post pictures of what I do as soon as I can.

Michael

Software for stained glass desing - recommendations ? Adrian Glass 10 May 12th 07 11:28 PM
Potter Glass painting stained glass manual 1880 FA JaneyP Marketplace 0 February 15th 06 12:22 AM
just stained glass Will Woodard Glass 7 September 24th 05 01:30 AM
STAINED GLASS SOFTWARE John J. Collins III Glass 14 October 30th 03 11:10 AM