Joaillier Créations

Old October 6th 05, 04:12 PM
Jaguar

Default Joaillier Créations

=20
www.jlcapron.be=20

Old October 7th 05, 02:41 AM
mbstevens

Jaguar wrote:
=20
www.jlcapron.be=20
=20

Bague beryl Ref. 670 is interesting, although the site tempted me give=20
up before finding it. I was so tired of the site's unusability I=20
didn't look past the rings.

Old October 8th 05, 02:00 AM
Alan Balmer

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:41:35 GMT, mbstevens
wrote:

Jaguar wrote:
=20
www.jlcapron.be=20
=20
=20
=20
=20

Bague beryl Ref. 670 is interesting, although the site tempted me give=20
up before finding it. I was so tired of the site's unusability I=20
didn't look past the rings.

=46or me, it's *really* unusable. The page is blank except for an offer
to download a plugin that I don't want on my machine.
--=20
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

Old October 8th 05, 02:10 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

wrote:

Jaguar wrote:
=20
www.jlcapron.be=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
Bague beryl Ref. 670 is interesting, although the site tempted me give=

=20
up before finding it. I was so tired of the site's unusability I=20
didn't look past the rings.

For me, it's *really* unusable. The page is blank except for an offer
to download a plugin that I don't want on my machine.

An interesting comment, or perhaps a repeat of some already made in the =
group,
on the nature of accessibility for all users and preferences. The site
initially (for me, at least) loads a blue page, plays some few musical =
tones,
does a bit of simple animated graphics, and then, after allowing you to =
either
replay this amazing display or "skip the intro", goes to a much less =
graphic or
animated page that seems to me to be pretty normal. But it's URL hasn't
changed, so it apparently is part of the same code that was loaded by =
that intro
junk. I expect you need Flash, or some such thing, loaded in order to =
play it,
and Alan's note points out that the more people use those glitzy add ons,=
the
more people won't be able to access a site if they don't happen to have =
that
capability enabled.

Personally, and HTML/coding issues aside, I rather like the site just as =
an
example of how artists and jewelers can use the net to make their work =
more
visible to a wider number of people than who may know them already or =
happen to
know where their studio is. I like the aspect too, that the site seems
uncluttered with advertisements (or are my various filters getting rid of=
them
here too?), and that the work was just shown as it it, without prices or
attempts to actually sell it on the site. Call me old fashioned, but I =
find
that nicer. Email is always available for anyone needing to actually =
inquire
about buying a piece. And the lack of a sales/commercial side to the =
site is
also why it got approved for the group (In case anyone's wondering.) =
It's just
a showcase, not a commercial site, it seems to me, and that's somehow
refreshing. I could do, though, without the funky introduction =
screens...

Peter