Lots of new crafting stuff at Hobby Lobby

Old December 14th 03, 12:44 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Lots of new crafting stuff at Hobby Lobby

I don't know if ALL of them did, but the local one for me, in Murfreesboro,
TN, has expanded the crafting department big time! They now have beading
kits, Tatting supplies, tatting thread, tatting shuttles, needle tatting, a
whole new slew of different knitting needles, new slew of crochet hooks,
loads and loads of thread and yarn!
Used to be one aisle of our kind of stuff, now they have FIVE!!!
Happy Dance!!!
Noreen
who was there yesterday!!!
and isn't even going to try list her new stuff!!

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 01:19 AM
SlinkyToy

The older HLs in my area have been rearranging stuff. I asked a gal
who was laboriously sorting bags of beads (hello? why didn't she just
move the pegs with the bead bags in place instead of stripping all of
the pegs into several bushel baskets???) what the story was.
Apparently they'll all be on the same "plan" so folks can simply walk
in and know where to find stuff without needing directions or a map.

I haven't noticed my nearest HL expanding, but its in an old IGA
building so isn't incredibly large to start with. The shiny new HLs
further north on the interstate corridor carry all manner of stuff. I
keep expecting to find "fingertip massagers" in there sometime, that's
how tacky some of the new stuff is getting...

Old December 14th 03, 12:50 PM
enigma

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in
:

I don't know if ALL of them did, but the local one for me,
in Murfreesboro, TN, has expanded the crafting department
big time! They now have beading kits, Tatting supplies,
tatting thread, tatting shuttles, needle tatting, a whole
new slew of different knitting needles, new slew of crochet
hooks, loads and loads of thread and yarn!
Used to be one aisle of our kind of stuff, now they have
FIVE!!! Happy Dance!!!

not fair! we don't *have* Hobby Lobby in NH the closest
Michael's to me has only 29" circulars. what's with that? the
clerk there told me to go to Wal-Mart (not way!). i went to
the LYS & got my needles, had a nice discussion on my goats,
found Boo one of those knitting dolls to make cord... and
managed to get out without buying more stash (i'm so broke
this month. i'm moving Christmas to 12th night). that's quite
an accomplishment since Boo was with me & he's already a
yarnaholic
BTW... we just got a rescue doggie from TN. he's a Great
Pyranees/Border Collie cross. you guys in TN sure raise some
great dogs! http://www.tarogue.net/~tom/20031211/mvc-011s.jpg
lee
Old December 14th 03, 03:26 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 14 Dec 2003 11:50:03 GMT, enigma wrote:

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in
:

[...]

Aww, Lee, I wish you had a Hobby Lobby, I'll put it on my Christmas list
for you!!!
Thanks for the compliment - we've got great Border Collies... and a
Pyranees mix WOULD make a great Dog, I would think!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 04:49 PM
seaspray

Lucky, lucky you! I do not know of any Hobby Lobby stores by me in NJ. But
I can say that our local Michaels, Rag Shop, and AC Moore stores seem only
to cater to the scrapbooking and decorations crowd. Selections are small
for yarns and cross stitch. I sometimes go to the Walmart since they are
next door in the mall I go to. They have a nice selection of acrylics. For
needle crafts, you need to go online for good selection. I like silver
needle, have you ever been to their site? I can get lost there (and go
broke there) Gotta hide the bills from DH! LOL

Seaspray

Old December 14th 03, 05:31 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:49:41 -0500, seaspray wrote:

Lucky, lucky you! I do not know of any Hobby Lobby stores by me in NJ. But
I can say that our local Michaels, Rag Shop, and AC Moore stores seem only
to cater to the scrapbooking and decorations crowd. Selections are small
for yarns and cross stitch. I sometimes go to the Walmart since they are
next door in the mall I go to. They have a nice selection of acrylics. For
needle crafts, you need to go online for good selection. I like silver
needle, have you ever been to their site? I can get lost there (and go
broke there) Gotta hide the bills from DH! LOL

Seaspray

Seaspray,
Never been to Silver Needle, now I have to go have a look-see!
We have Michaels and JoAnne's, but no Rag Shop or AC Moore's.... sniff.
I sure agree that the scrapbooking and rubberstamping crowds are really
catered to...
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 06:22 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Sea,

I have to agree with you on Michaels and AC Moore, less and less yarn all the
time and what they do have is the new kind. I asked and the gal said the
manager from Rhode Island thinks because the new yarn sells so well in big
cities that it's popular all over. Wrong, us ladies in rural NY want regular
acrylic yarn. I'm going to check out the place you mentioned too.

Hugs,

Nora where it NOW has started to snow.
Old December 14th 03, 06:25 PM
NoraBalcer

Sea,

I just checked the silverneedle site and maybe we should move near them. What a
neat cross stitch store.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 15th 03, 05:55 AM
seaspray

I am glad you liked the site. I have no affliation whatsoever, but whenever
I order, I have it within a weeks time. Very nice if you are excited about
something!
Take care and be careful shoveling.
Seaspary - who is now having a rain and freezing rain mix on top of 6 inches
of the white stuff.

Old December 15th 03, 11:20 AM
BDS2pds

In my area Hancocks is moving toward having more yarn. Caviat-- mostly only
Lion brand.