QI Inventory??

Old September 7th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Default QI Inventory??

Wow, a lot of QI's on this group. I also have 2 dogs, Babbs (Bichon, 11
years old) and Babe (chow/shepherd mix, 3 years old). They both lay
around me while I sew.

Denny
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54
Old September 7th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Paulette

Default QI Inventory?? now need help with birds

One of you lovely ladies had tremendous experience with birds. I need to
speak with you (probably off list so as not to bore everyone) about 2
African Greys I got from an elderly man. His wife passed, I agreed to take
both birds, but they are NOT friendly at all. One (which we named Omar) is
mean as a snake and will lunge at the cage most of the time when you try to
feed him. I have had them for nearly 5 months and am not making much
headway.

Thanks,
Paulette in WV

Old September 7th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Paulette

They scream: it sounds like someone is murdering children! Bit startling
if you are not expecting it! OK if you have a few acres of lawn, but I
wouldn't want one in a suburban garden. Leeds Castle has white ones!

Kate, mine do not really scream. For whatever reason, they call a bit at
certain times of the day and at certain times of the year, but everyone
wonders why they are not quite as loud. Lucky me I guess (or maybe it is
because I have only 1 male and 2 females)
Paulette in WV

Old September 7th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Paulette wrote:

They scream: it sounds like someone is murdering children! Bit startling
if you are not expecting it! OK if you have a few acres of lawn, but I
wouldn't want one in a suburban garden. Leeds Castle has white ones!

Kate, mine do not really scream. For whatever reason, they call a bit at
certain times of the day and at certain times of the year, but everyone
wonders why they are not quite as loud. Lucky me I guess (or maybe it is
because I have only 1 male and 2 females)
Paulette in WV

That's probably why - he has no competition! The ones at Leeds scream
at each other in the spring. VERY LOUDLY! Here are some white ones for
you:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrians_art/185420351/
http://web.mac.com/davydd/iWeb/Site/England.html (Scroll down...
Somebody had a great holiday over here! )

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 7th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

Well, currently we have:

Deanna: 11 year old Beagle-mix from the SPCA - *my* dog (whines and
mopes whenever she can't find me, follows me wherever she can).

Nugget: 11yo DSH kitty. Belongs to DH, but "allows" me to pet him when
he's in the mood; does NOT like the kids or the dog

Shadow: 10yo DSH kitty. *was* my cat, but since his brother passed
away, SHadow has adopted out DS and they sleep together every night.
Shadow gets along fine with the kids, NUgget, and Deanna. He's
somewhat snotty though and rarely allows DH to pet him.

Larisa

Old September 7th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 08:46:53 GMT, "pami"
wrote:

beautiful cat....would also love to see a front view...does he have two
different colored eyes?

Hi Pami -- I think you're talking about my cat? No, he has
gorgeous copper yellow eyes...I'll upload a front shot if
you want to see (Other Quilty Things album). He is a pretty
cat for having been born in a barn. :-)

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old September 7th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:26:11 -0500, Kate G. wrote
(in article ):

I'm sitting here watching my 6 month old Yellow Lab puppy named Samson DEVOUR

a new rawhide bone...
and wondered?

Do you have a QI (or 2 or 3 or 4?)

If so... Dog or Cat (or something else)?

How old is he or she?

What breed?

What is/are your QI(s) names?

You can see some pics of my "puppy" he
http://community.webshots.com/user/Candy_Jar_Swap
Where can we see pictures of yours?

Kate in MI

PS: (I use the term "puppy" loosely... he has now surpassed 60 pounds!

I've got 3 QI's--all feline, Kropotkin (the only boy), Maggie Belle, and
Katie Mae. I'll have to take some pics and post them sometime.

Maureen

Old September 7th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz MacDonald

Midnight - 3 year old black lab female
Jethro - 5 year old lab/chow mix - He looks like a black lab and has a
purple tongue.
Old September 7th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

A local City Garden has white peacocks
too. I wonder if those are albino, or
just a variation. Do you know? The
screaming IS off-putting. PAT

Kate Dicey wrote:
IMS wrote:

Oh, Paulette....I'd love a Peacock! Imagine a bird *that* big....!

-Irene

Old September 7th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
gloworm

Two dog QI's and two catty QI's:

Chewie, short for Chewbacca, is 12 and is a full blooded brown Lhasa
Apso and looks just like his namesake from Star Wars. I fell in love
with him the moment I saw him as an 8-week old pup. I call him my
heart dog. He is so loving -- just a big lump of love. Unfortunately,
he has an enlarged heart and takes a pill every day to take some of the
pressure off of it. About five years ago, the vet estimated that he
had about two years to live. He's done very well and lasted much
longer, but I'm worried about him. This week he seems lethargic and a
little confused. A couple of weeks ago he seemed to lose his hearing
all of a sudden. He is strictly a house dog -- goes out to do his
business and then comes back to sit on the step until we open the door.
He used to hear me coming toward the door to let him in, but now he
doesn't even hear me open the door. I tap him with the door gently and
it startles him and he comes back in. I go home from work at lunch
time to let the dogs out (the pill Chewie takes makes him have to pee
pretty often). Yesterday, I opened the front door and Chewie was
sleeping on the upholstered bench in front of the bay window. He
didn't hear me come in, but he did hear Cricket, the other dog, yapping
at me. He woke up real startled like and looked very confused. He
would not go out at first, but I coaxed him out. I hope he isn't going
down hill.

Cricket is my little flibberdeegibbit. She's a blonde Lhasa mix that I
fell in love with at the animal shelter where I volunteer. We were
using her for pet therapy at the local hospice, and she was such a tiny
little doll. Chewie was three and I thought he needed a companion, so
I took her home, much to my husband's dismay. He quickly saw how good
she was for Chewie though and fell for her silly little face, too.
Cricket is 9 years old now, but you would never know it. She still
looks and acts like a young dog. She's very loving, but not nearly as
smart as Chewie (don't tell her I said that).

Both dogs like to lie on quilts while I am hand quilting. If they are
not on the quilt, then either Cookie or Heidi is. Cookie is a black
and white tuxedo cat that came to my DH's apartment as a tiny kitten
(while we were dating, but not married yet). She would not come
inside, so he built her a little place outside with some sawhorses and
a tarp. He fed her out there for a month or so, but she would always
run if he tried to touch her. One night he left his patio door open a
little bit and she came in. She decided she liked it there and
wouldn't leave! Cookie and Heidi are both 15. Heidi is a tortie and
was bought at a pet store by my son for his then girlfriend who lived
in Chicago (big mistake). He took her to Chicago and the girlfriend
loved the kitty, but a few months later, she had to move to Washington,
D.C. for a job and could not take Heidi (then called Ellie) with her,
so my son took her to his apartment (he was now living in Chicago)
where he lived with three other young fellows. Well, one of them was
allergic to Heidi, so my son tried to find a home for her. He found
one home, but they brought her back after a week, saying that their
landlord wouldn't let them have her. My son was desperate by this
time, and called me for advice -- he thought his only option was to
take her to the pound. I said, "I'll be right there," and off I went
to pick up this poor little unwanted kitty who has turned out to be the
sweetest of cats and the best QI ever.

I fell in love again this past Saturday with a little Jack
Russell/Boston Terrier mix puppy that we were using for pet therapy.
He is the runt of a littler of 9. I keep thinking about trying to talk
my DH into "just one more," but I don't think he will go for it. This
one is so tiny though that he wouldn't take up much room.

I also have a black lab mix granddog named Hayley, but she lives in
Colorado. I've enjoyed hearing about all your QI's. Seems like
quilters are all animal lovers for the most part.

Happy Quilting!
Gloworm in Dayton