Hand On Hip, Looking Indignant

Old July 8th 04, 06:18 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Oooooh - you're good - wanna come and clean mine?!
If I had more room it wouldn't be such a problem, my friends say - but my
rejoinder is that if I had more room, I'd accumulate more stuff!
Cynthia
"Sheila Heinrich" wrote in message
Well, I'm on holidays and spent 2 days visiting my elderly mom. She
wanted me to 'tidy up the sewing room' - a task equivalent to scaling
Mount Everest!

So, everything was rearranged [furniture included], 4 bags [big black
garbage bag, that is] of what-not suitable for the local quilting group,
1 bag of mom's dresses from the 40's & 50's to go to a vintage clothing
store, a pile of old sewing and knitting patterns & books go in the
church garage sale, and a small box of odd items that I had no idea
what to do with [Sorry, Mom - you're stuck with them!]. Oh and I took a
couple of vintage patterns and lengths of fabrics that looked interesting.

Not to mention 5 bags and one box of junk/trash whisked away to the
dumpster when no one was looking!

Also the notions, patterns and fabric she might actually use were
organized into 3 storage boxes set on a trunk so they are easy for her
to look into. And figured out why the sewing machine doesn't work well
- the screw fell out of the bobbin case. Dear brother was instructed to
get one from the OSMG.

So, about 6 hrs. invested in helping Mom on that project. Now I don't
need to feel guilty about living in another province [ at least for a
little while].

Sheila in Canada

Old July 8th 04, 09:39 AM
Kate Dicey

melinda wrote:

Kate Dicey wrote:

melinda wrote:

I've been busy looking after my 1 year old son, his birthday was
Friday. I've got fabric cut out to make PJ bottoms for me, but
that's as far as they got. I have made a few bits for DS, some
stretchy pants, make great PJ bottoms for him, and a double
fleece vest. I've got enough left to make another if I patchwork
the front, a green back with red and green front.

When my son was tiny I made several Polartec Windbloc fleece jackets for
him out of the offcuts of other ones... Last one I made when he was
larger is now worn and adored by one of his best friends, and has a
purple front and hood, green back and yoke, and royal blue sleeves - all
offcuts! I've now run out of offcuts, and he's a nearly 10 YO in age
12-13 shirts (tall and broad built, not fat), so I'll have to *buy*
fabric for his next one! Ooer! Shock to the system, that is!

I could have used a different colour instead of patchworking the front
panels but his dad vetoed that idea. Now I've got to decide what I'm
going to do with my left over hot pink fabric.

Have a daughter? ;P

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old July 8th 04, 09:42 AM
Kate Dicey

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:

Oooooh - you're good - wanna come and clean mine?!
If I had more room it wouldn't be such a problem, my friends say - but my
rejoinder is that if I had more room, I'd accumulate more stuff!
Cynthia

I work on the principle of the bigger the room, the bigger the mess! ;P