Excited about new ventures: PhD and A Day at the Creativity Spa (C)

Old October 1st 04, 09:35 PM
Susan B.

Default Excited about new ventures: PhD and A Day at the Creativity Spa (C)

As some of you know before I was a beadmaker and sometime jewelry
maker, I was an occupational therapist for over 20 years. I've been
working diligently over the past few months to re-integrate my two
"identities" (hey it's that Gemini thing, eh!) into right livelihood
activities. I also need to put together things I love to do that will
be compatible with my other new/old thing - I'm going back to school in
January to finish the PhD I had to put on hold three years ago when we
moved and DH had a heart attack.

This is what I came up with, and we're running our first one this
weekend on Sunday:
http://www.wiredwomandesign.com/creativityspa_postr.htm

I'm hoping I can book one to two of these per month. The first group is
handpicked guinea pigs (sorry I hope I'm not offending those of you
with real guinea pigs). They get to come for free but have to give us
feedback/be our focus group. And they're all people who can spread the
word about this, as I think it'll be mostly word of mouth that will
bring us customers.

So I'm excited and anxious about starting this, and about finding ways
to do school, art and occupational therapy without getting too crazy.

susan in canada

--
JustBead Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=65191
Old October 2nd 04, 05:26 AM
KDK

Cool. If you need any help designing surveys or questionnaires for the
focus groups let me know - that's part of what I used to do.

Kathy K

Old October 2nd 04, 06:03 AM
Susan B.

In article , KDK wrote:

Cool. If you need any help designing surveys or questionnaires for the
focus groups let me know - that's part of what I used to do.

Kathy K

That's cool - thanks! I am always amazed at the talent and skills we
all bring to r.c.b.

susan in canada

Old October 2nd 04, 01:09 PM
Susan B.

In article news.com,
Kathy N-V wrote:

In article , KDK wrote:

Cool. If you need any help designing surveys or questionnaires for the
focus groups let me know - that's part of what I used to do.

And if you need help analyzing the results, and looking for trends,
just shout.

Kathy N-V

Thanks Kathy - I suspect the n on my Creativity spa focus group work
will be low enough that formal analysis won't be needed. The PhD
research, on the other hand, is likely to :-)

I'm quite excited to get back to the PhD work that I had to leave when
we moved 3 years ago and DH had his heart attack. Not excited about the
hoops I will have to go through, but I am greatful that the university
is offering significant support that makes going back possible.

susan in canada