OT--update on my niece

Old July 20th 05, 09:46 PM
judy in fort worth

Default OT--update on my niece

Thank you for all of your prayers. My niece, Ellie, went into labor on
Monday--11 weeks early. Baby Calla Noelle was born this morning by
C-Section and weighed in at a whopping 3 pounds. Mom is doing great
although upset that she has not been able to see the baby. (She can watch
her on close-circuit TV and will actually see her for the first time
tomorrow.) Baby Calla is in NICU but at this point, all seems to be fine.
The first 24 hours are the most critical. Ellie will be released from the
hospital this weekend but the baby will remain in the hospital until she can
suck down every feeding in a 24-hour period. That could be week 34---6
weeks from now.
Thanks again for all of your prayers. I am sure that is what allowed Ellie
to carry the baby this long. Please say a prayer that baby Calla turns out
to be as strong-willed as her mother---your prayers and her innate
stubbornness should see us through. Thanks again.

P.S. The baby quilt is finished---just printed the label and will sew it on
tonight. I am planning to mail it tomorrow. Photos will be posted in my
yahoo photo album () later this
afternoon.

judy in fort worth
remove 4 to reply directly

Old July 20th 05, 09:56 PM
Sharon Harper

Judy Congratulations! Please give my love and support to Ellie, I know
exactly how she is feeling. Calla's good birthweight will help her
enormously as will the fact that she is a girl (the docs here told me that
the girls seem to cope better with being preemie than the boys). The next
six weeks will be the hardest Ellie has to deal with - a roller coaster of
emotions, and the worst will be leaving Calla in the hospital when she has
to leave (BTDT). Make sure that Ellie has a hobbie or an outlet over the
next weeks as she will really need it. And if she wants to talk, vent,
anything I'm there for her. Hugs and love from a mum of 2 preemies (13 & 8
weeks)

quicker)

Old July 20th 05, 10:22 PM
Patti

Thanks for this news, Judy.
3lbs is a good weight for such an early baby. And girls are usually
excellent fighters in these situations! (aren't we always I hear our
other halves saying g)
Will just keep the prayers going until the little one is right out of
the wood.
(I was a full-term baby, but only 5lb - and you should see me now: 6ft
all but a smidgen, and far too many pounds to reveal to you in public!).
Well done on getting the quilt done.
..
In message , judy in fort
worth writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 20th 05, 11:05 PM
Mary in Washington

Continued prayers headed baby Calla's way.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa
IN THE COOKIES OF LIFE, FRIENDS ARE THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

Old July 21st 05, 01:31 AM
Dee in Oz

Congratulations To Ellie.

I wish DD was that weight when she was born 11 weeks early!!!!

Like others I was also told that prem girls are better fighters than
boys.

Dee in Oz

Old July 21st 05, 02:53 AM
Donna

Prayers will continue for Baby Calla and Mom Ellie!!
The quilt is beautiful--is there a pattern available for it?

--
Donna in NE La.

Old July 21st 05, 03:00 AM
nana2b

I hope she gains fast so she can go home wrapped in her new quilt! Mazel
Tov on your new niece. Linda