Update on things here

Old September 16th 03, 07:29 PM
Janise Ross

Glad to hear from you, Coggie. Recovery is a long, hard process. Keep up
the good work.

Janise

"Coggie" wrote in message
om...
It has been slow going sround here for the last few months ,but I am
getting things done. All three comfortaghans are now finished and just
need to be photographed and washed before I mail them out . Those in
the " know " know two of the people they are going to , the other is
for GiGi. As for the basket , I have about 10 more rows of something
to finish and the fringe it and that box will be mailed off also.
My walking is improving , I went to therapy ( torture ) today and can
bend the knee 75 degrees. She wants me to unbury my exercise bike and
get on it 3 times a day to further push the knee back into where it
should be. Maybe they were not nuts to say I would be walking by
halloween. I am now only on one crutch and when I go to the doctor on
Wednesday of next week I can talk to him about getting a cane.
Hubby is going on 1st shift next week , a new adjustment for us as he
has worked 2nd shift since getting out of the military, so I guess I
will be alive a bit earlier in the day ( oh man ) and not kniiting and
crochet so much at night ( I really enjoy watching movies and such
then.)
Well there is my update , God Bless ,
Coggie

Old September 16th 03, 07:32 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Update on things here

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:20:33 -0500, wrote:
[...]

Coggie,
It was SO good to hear from you! Time and rest, time and rest.....
I'm SO excited about the projects going out, God Bless you for
managing to get them done, even with all that's been happening with
you! (you're going to be rewarded, I can tell!!)
YUCK on the excercise bike, but I guess it's a "necessary-evil"...
Also, the time adjustment on hubby's shift will not be as difficult as
feared, I changed shifts quite a few times during my 'working' years.
Sending you positive thoughts, prayers, etc... along with a HUGE hug!
Love,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old September 16th 03, 07:54 PM
Karen

Coggie, you sure get a lot done for someone that has so much else going on!
Good to hear that there are improvements! About the bicycling -- I had
knee problems (nonsurgical) awhile ago, along with a stress fracture in the
shin, and I thought the LAST thing in the world I should be doing was
bicycling -- but surprisingly enough, it was suggested, and even more
surprising to me, it helped a lot. I hope your improvements continue more
each day.

Old September 16th 03, 09:52 PM
Sarah Grace

Good to hear from you- i am so pleased that your walking is improving!

Regards
Sarah
Old September 16th 03, 10:02 PM
Aud

Glad to hear from you, Coggie!
The "torture" has been well for you,I think?
Sounds that you are improving!
I recognice that about TV + knitting/crocheting in the nights
when you don't have to get out of bed too early in the morning!
Wonderful in the night, terrible the next morning!
Take care, Coggie
AUD ;-))
--

"Coggie" skrev i melding

Old September 17th 03, 02:48 AM
Carol in TN

Coggie,
Glad to hear you are walking again. Take it slow and do what the therapist
tells you to do!
Carol in TN

Old September 17th 03, 07:58 AM
Ophelia

Coggie I am so pleased to see you here again. You have been very busy

I hope your improvement continues and you are soon fully well

hugs

Ophelia

Old September 17th 03, 03:36 PM
NoraBalcer

Coggie,

I'll add my best wishes to the others. You have done remarkable and I know it
will continue. I have to say it will take getting used to having DH home in
the evenings. I know as when mine retired on disability, how things changed
around here. Now after five years we have settled into a routine that suits
both of us.

Hugs,

Nora
Old September 18th 03, 07:32 PM
Katherine Burgess

Coggie,
I thought I had replied to this, but I can't find my message, so I'll write
again. g
Good to hear that things are on the mend. Just continue to take it easy, and
I am sure that everything will be fine. I am looking forward to seeing the
comfortghans.
Katherine