Featherweight: bobbin jumping

Old March 13th 04, 07:49 PM
Nbhilyard

Default Featherweight: bobbin jumping

I had occasion to use Betty Featherweight while Pfrieda Pfaff was in the shop
for a tuneup. Betty stitches very well for a 69-year-old but on occasion the
bobbin thread jumped out of the groove. It was easy to correct, but I had to
keep doing it. The stitch tension (top and bottom) was fine except when the
thread jumped.

Any preventive suggestions?

Nann in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that
one is always making exciting discoveries."
A. A. Milne
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Old March 14th 04, 04:36 AM
Polly Esther

I won't name names or even hint as to who - but we have had folks here
who were using a bobbin or bobbin case that was not the one for the SM. Have
you tried changing bobbins? Do you have the right bobbin case for Betty?
You don't have to answer. Just a thought.
I will overlook the remark about stitching well for a 69 year-old.
Polly

Old March 15th 04, 07:07 AM
WoodenSpools

did you happen to be using 60 wt. thread? I've noticed my FWs will
bobbin-jump if I try to use that lightweight thread, and I have to use at
least 50 wt. thread in the bobbin.
Buckeye Bev

"Nbhilyard" wrote in message
I had occasion to use Betty Featherweight while Pfrieda Pfaff was in the

shop
for a tuneup. Betty stitches very well for a 69-year-old but on occasion

the
bobbin thread jumped out of the groove. It was easy to correct, but I had

keep doing it. The stitch tension (top and bottom) was fine except when

the
thread jumped.

Any preventive suggestions?

Nann in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that
one is always making exciting discoveries."
A. A. Milne

Pfaff bobbin fix Roberta Zollner Quilting 5 February 17th 04 10:52 PM
FW bobbin question Jan Quilting 2 January 27th 04 06:00 AM
HELP!!! BOBBIN WON'T COME OFF Laura Bartl Quilting 8 November 16th 03 11:16 PM
Featherweight accessory question SandySmth Quilting 6 November 13th 03 05:31 AM