My stand that DH built

Old October 19th 03, 03:47 PM
Joan Robertson

Default My stand that DH built

Sounds perfect, would love to see picture of this when you can get it.
Joanie
I am in love with this stand. I have started calling it my stitching
command center.
Picture a stand with two legs, about 38" wide. A beam with a routed
"line" across it holds two arms that extend down to to hold my scroll.
The arms are adjustable to any width of scroll up to 34", and to
different "depths". Since I use Rol a Frames, that have a hole
through the side bars, we are using carriage bolts stuck up through
the arms to hold the scroll in place. This allows me to simply lift
if off the bolts to flip when I need to get to the back.

At the top is a 1 x 6 top shelf that holds my Plako, and anything else
easily within reach (glasses, scissors, etc.)

I'm planning on stitching some accessories for it, to hold my
scissors, laying tool, etc. in a decorative mannter.

I use the handi-clamp clipped to the top shelf to hold my chart,
allowing me to move the chart around to where it is convenient to see,
and also my magnifier.

Ahhh, I am in heaven with this stand.

--
Deb
Works in Progress:

Old October 21st 03, 01:48 PM
juanon

Can your inhouse engineer tell me how I might duplicate your stand? I am an
ardent cross-stitcher who "owns a hammer, plane and saw."
"DebM" wrote in message
I am in love with this stand. I have started calling it my stitching
command center. On one of my recent business trips, he stained while
I was gone, so it now matches the living room furniture. If I can
ever figure out how to do it, I'm going to post a picture of it on my
att web page, if anyone is interested in looking at it.

It's bulky, it's big, it won't fit in my suitcase (darnit), but it is
so perfect for me.