OT update on my dad

Old May 8th 04, 05:15 AM
roxan

Default OT update on my dad

First I want to thanks all of you for your prayers and concerns for me and
my family. Today was the first good visit I had with my dad since we had to
put him in the nursing home two weeks ago. We brought him home today for a
few hours for a visit so he could go through some of his things he wants to
give to friends. He had a great visit with us and his dog was really glad to
see him.
When I took him back to the nursing home he said that he finally realized
that there was no way we could have handled him at home. He also said that
he has come to terms with this nearing death. I am looking forward to
finally spending some quality time with him before he dies instead of having
him call us names and never forgiving us for doing this to him. I can't
begin to tell you how difficult it has been and stressful. I am just glad
that now he knows that we didn't do this to him because we wanted to get rid
of him. Miracles do happen and I am thankful that he is making a 180 degree
turn to be more positive and less combative. I think the anti-depression
meds are finally helping.
Roxan

Old May 8th 04, 05:58 AM
starlia

Even though it's such a tough situation it seems things are looking up.
Remember he is grieving for his life and he went through all the process it
seems: denial, anger, grief, acceptance. I know I missed a couple of
things but it goes in that order.

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Starlia

Old May 8th 04, 07:04 AM
Debbie B

Roxan,
I'm so glad you will have this opportunity. I will keep you all in my
prayers.

Hugs,
--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"roxan" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old May 8th 04, 07:31 AM
Candace

I am looking forward to
finally spending some quality time with him before he dies instead of

having
him call us names and never forgiving us for doing this to him. I can't
begin to tell you how difficult it has been and stressful. I am just glad
that now he knows that we didn't do this to him because we wanted to get

rid
of him. Miracles do happen and I am thankful that he is making a 180

degree
turn to be more positive and less combative. I think the anti-depression
meds are finally helping.
Roxan

Wonderful, Roxan! I'm so glad that you'll be able to have some "good memory
making time" with your father. And I'm happy to see that he'll be able to
enjoy more of the time he has left, without the bitterness and anger eating
away at him. *hugs*

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 8th 04, 10:54 AM
Linda2

Roxan,

I am so glad to hear this news. Be strong, dear.

Love,

Linda2

Old May 9th 04, 03:48 AM
Cheryl

Roxan

I hope that besides giving him anti-depressants - they are providing him with
counseling.....

It's nice he got to visit home... I hope he can again....
and it's nice you could hear him say he understands ... in a lucid time - that
what is done is necessary.

Just hold tight to that thought later, when things get worse -- that he DID
KNOW
that you all are doing the best for him..
and he DID know you all love him and will miss him ...
even his dog.

HUGS..... and prayers for you for strength....

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old May 12th 04, 12:44 AM
KDK

Roxan,

I'm glad that your dad has come to an understanding about what had to be
done. I will continue to hold you and your family in my thoughts.

Kathy K