Ok Where's the Sleeves?

Old August 31st 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Ok Where's the Sleeves?

I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it correctly? I
like the sweater and it will make great Christmas gifts for my nieces.

http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

Old August 31st 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

In message djSBi.9083$Yg.7714@trnddc07, DAB
writes
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it correctly? I
like the sweater and it will make great Christmas gifts for my nieces.

http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

Looks to me if you knit it from top downwards.
The cast off stitches at the end of those 8 rows form the sleeves, then
you carry on to knit the body.
Just my view.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old August 31st 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it correctly? I
like the sweater and it will make great Christmas gifts for my nieces.

http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

"At the beginning on the next 8 rows, bind of 5 (6) stitches."

= The sleeves are part of the whole, they're not knitted separately.

Mary

Old August 31st 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message djSBi.9083$Yg.7714@trnddc07, DAB
writes
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it
correctly? I like the sweater and it will make great Christmas
gifts for my nieces. http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

Looks to me if you knit it from top downwards.
The cast off stitches at the end of those 8 rows form the sleeves,
then you carry on to knit the body.
Just my view.
Shirley

Ok just seems to me there should be more castoff stitchesG but the yarn is
bulky so I will just have see what happens.

Thanks and good morning!

Donna

Old August 31st 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Mary Fisher wrote:
"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it
correctly? I like the sweater and it will make great Christmas
gifts for my nieces.
http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

"At the beginning on the next 8 rows, bind of 5 (6) stitches."

= The sleeves are part of the whole, they're not knitted separately.

Mary

Ok thanks Mary.....I have not knitted with bulky yarn so 5 stitches just
didn't sound like enoughG

Donna

Old August 31st 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"DAB" Buckeye
wrote in message
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it
correctly? I like the sweater and it will make great Christmas
gifts for my nieces.
http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

"At the beginning on the next 8 rows, bind of 5 (6) stitches."

= The sleeves are part of the whole, they're not knitted separately.

Mary

Ok thanks Mary.....I have not knitted with bulky yarn so 5 stitches just
didn't sound like enoughG

Five stitcehs at the beginning of the next eight rows - that means twenty
stitches at each side. At that gauge it's a lot :-)

Mary

Donna

Old August 31st 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

DAB wrote:
Shirley Shone wrote:
In message djSBi.9083$Yg.7714@trnddc07, DAB
writes
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it
correctly? I like the sweater and it will make great Christmas
gifts for my nieces. http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

Looks to me if you knit it from top downwards.
The cast off stitches at the end of those 8 rows form the sleeves,
then you carry on to knit the body.
Just my view.
Shirley

Ok just seems to me there should be more castoff stitchesG but the yarn is
bulky so I will just have see what happens.

The sleeves are 3/4 length, so 10-12 inches would be enough. If you
wanted more, CO for the larger size (or more), and BO more sts.

sue
Old September 1st 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Mary Fisher wrote:
"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"DAB" Buckeye
wrote in message
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it
correctly? I like the sweater and it will make great Christmas
gifts for my nieces.
http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna
"At the beginning on the next 8 rows, bind of 5 (6) stitches."

= The sleeves are part of the whole, they're not knitted separately.

Mary

Ok thanks Mary.....I have not knitted with bulky yarn so 5 stitches
just didn't sound like enoughG

Five stitcehs at the beginning of the next eight rows - that means
twenty stitches at each side. At that gauge it's a lot :-)

Mary

Donna

Yes makes sense now......hope to get the yarn tomorrow so will be
interesting to see how it works outG

Old September 1st 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

suzee wrote:
DAB wrote:
Shirley Shone wrote:
In message djSBi.9083$Yg.7714@trnddc07, DAB
writes
I don't see em in the pattern...or am I just not reading it
correctly? I like the sweater and it will make great Christmas
gifts for my nieces. http://www.dailyknitter.com/kelly.html

Thanks!
Donna

Looks to me if you knit it from top downwards.
The cast off stitches at the end of those 8 rows form the sleeves,
then you carry on to knit the body.
Just my view.
Shirley

Ok just seems to me there should be more castoff stitchesG but the
yarn is bulky so I will just have see what happens.

The sleeves are 3/4 length, so 10-12 inches would be enough. If you
wanted more, CO for the larger size (or more), and BO more sts.

sue

I love 3/4 length....I have very short arms so they end up full length on
meG

Advice on sleeves Allaya Diep Yarn 7 June 23rd 05 02:47 AM
Sleeves [email protected] Sewing 17 April 1st 05 03:48 PM
Please make these sleeves done ! [email protected] Yarn 14 March 28th 05 02:19 PM
Seams for set-sleeves? [email protected] Yarn 16 May 14th 04 11:12 AM
sleeves! wad Sewing 6 January 13th 04 11:00 AM