Pattern instructions question

Old February 9th 04, 02:18 AM
Karen in MN

Default Pattern instructions question

I seem to have a knack for finding patterns with instructions I can't figure
out.

This one is the Aran Style Jacket from the 2002 issue of Knit-It (picture on
pg 69, instructions on pg 105).

There is a 16 row repeat creating a lattice pattern, and in there, are
instructions to "Sl1p" and "Sl2p" -- which would on first glance seem to be
just slip 1 purlwise and slip 2 purlwise. But there are instructions under
"special abbreviations" which make it sound different, and I *think* it has
something to do with a cross.

The special abbreviations a

Sl1p -- With yarn at back of work, slip next stitch onto LH needle purlwise
to RH needle

Sl2p -- Same as Sl1p, but over two stitches

Used in the context of one of the row instructions: "Knit the knit
stitches, and sl1p each purl stitch"

With the Sl1p, I'm wondering if there is a typo -- when it says "slip next
stitch ONTO LH needle", it makes it sound like you are moving a stitch from
the RH needle tothe LH needle -- so I'm wondering if it should have been
"ON" instead of "ONTO" -- which would make it a regular slip stitch purlwise
(and it would seem like it would be clearer to say "slip each purl stitch"
instead of "sl1p each purl stitch". But then the Sl2p doesn't make sense.

Any ideas?

Old February 9th 04, 02:22 AM
Slinky

I'd recommending checking the (presumed) knit-it website for errata.
What you typed doesn't make sense. I initially thought *you* made a
typo, but then I finished reading your post.

Old February 9th 04, 03:54 AM
Karen in MN

It turned out to be a typo -- it was a plain old garden variety slip-stitch
purlwise. It threw me off because it was under "Special Abbreviations", and
then the typo in it. But there was an error in that the yarn has to be held
to the other side than they say.

It only took me two froggings to figure it out finally.

wrote:

I seem to have a knack for finding patterns with instructions I can't

figure
out.

This one is the Aran Style Jacket from the 2002 issue of Knit-It (picture

on
pg 69, instructions on pg 105).

New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - art nouveau window to spring ! Misty Needlework 1 February 3rd 04 01:52 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - Sweet valentine :OD ! Misty Needlework 0 January 30th 04 09:36 PM
FREE download available: HAPPY NEW YEAR PATTERN in zipped PMP 4 :OD Misty Needlework 2 January 4th 04 12:19 PM
pattern question Natalie Quilting 4 January 1st 04 03:55 PM
New FREE downloadable zipped PMP 4 file pattern: " Moongazing Angel ". Misty Needlework 0 November 16th 03 04:58 PM