Flower holder

Old October 1st 04, 06:15 PM
Patti

Default Flower holder

For those of you who like to make small, different things for Christmas
and other presents:

Earlier this week I popped into a florist's. On their wall, I saw a
beautiful purple, silk-looking 'thing'. I asked what it was for.
Carrying gift flowers, she said. What a fabulous idea I thought!
So: it was about 18" high/long, tapered from about 6" square at the
open end to about 2" square at the closed end, with two fabric handles
at the top. It was made from four tapered panels, simply joined on the
outside. It wasn't silk! and wasn't lined.
But, I thought, with all the ingenuity here, it could be made just like
this, or conical, lined ... and so on. And a patchwork one would look
so special.
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 2nd 04, 12:30 AM
Pat in Virginia

Hello Pat on the Hill,
A business near here sells something like this, made of lovely
fabric! It is simply a toe bag, lines with heavy weight vinyl.
Every time I see one, I think "Gotta make one!" Decorator samples
would be smashing and would have body.
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 4th 04, 03:55 AM
The Brown Family

Gees Pat......could you go back with your digital camera, so we can have a
look......LOL!

Lorraine

Old October 4th 04, 11:11 AM
Patti

Sorry, Lorraine!
Can't do that - the instructions are still sitting, unread, on my table
g.

I can amplify the description, if you want to do one?!
..
In article , The Brown Family
writes

Old October 4th 04, 04:52 PM
The Brown Family

Thanks Pat.....I was only kidding! At the moment I don't need another
project, I have so many things to do right now.

Lorraine

"Patti" wrote in message
news
Sorry, Lorraine!
Can't do that - the instructions are still sitting, unread, on my table
g.

I can amplify the description, if you want to do one?!
.
In article , The Brown Family
writes