Liquid Kato

Old December 10th 04, 03:56 AM
Stephanie

In my 25 years of testing, I find that 6 mos to
a year is needed for interaction safety, at minimum.

Thanks Sarajane! I think I might try some patience and experiment.

You can put the waterbased
varathane in a pump sprayer, that's fine---or an airbrush.

I was wondering about that too.

Many
canned propellants are not good.

I am guessing because they aren't water based

Stephanie
Old December 10th 04, 02:46 PM
Sjpolyclay

In my 25 years of testing, I find that 6 mos to
a year is needed for interaction safety, at minimum.

Thanks Sarajane! I think I might try some patience and experiment.

you are welcome....that's waht it takes, for sure. I have a counter with
several plastic and cardboard boxes full of experiments, and I check on 'em
once in a while. Right now I've got some results for the one year mark on inks
and embossing powders, and its looking good. The hardes part is remembering
which little chip is which product with what....because I test Ink A on clays A
and B, some WITH, some WITHOUT either TLS or Varathane, or Kato....so you have
to track ALL your variables. I recomend writing it on the chip or attaching the
chip to something marked with the info.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old December 10th 04, 05:02 PM
Stephanie

LOL, I was thinking I was gonna have to put my education in the "scientific
method" to use. I was gonna look at as many cans of spray fix I could find and
check the ingredients...I'm thinking my best luck will be in finding a good way
to spray the water based verathane, short of buying an air brush. I think there
is a contraption where you can use canned air...

And then there is always the idea of making ephemeral pieces as a "statement",
the transient nature of life, blah blah blah, LOL.

Stephanie

liquid polymer clay on fabric MinnieNeedles Polymer Clay 1 August 19th 04 05:03 PM
Some experiments I have been trying..... Ray Jones Polymer Clay 5 March 26th 04 09:26 PM
AD: Liquid soap and herb sampler kit O. Franklin General Crafting 0 March 11th 04 11:40 PM
Kato clay... Louise Polymer Clay 4 November 18th 03 11:37 PM
Kato Polyclay tina16 Polymer Clay 17 July 22nd 03 11:03 PM