OT - Injury Woes

Old January 16th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Default OT - Injury Woes

Lucky I finished the nightmare quilt when I did!

About a month ago I hurt my middle finger of my left hand (the "rude" finger
as the DDs call it) whilst attempting to start DD2's go-kart (it's a pull
the ripcord starter) and didn't worry about heading to the doctor as I
thought it would come good.

It didn't. After many weeks of pain (really real bad pain when you wake in
the middle of the night and try to uncurl your fingers - but general pain
when you move the finger (stretch or curl) - guess all the quilting didn't
help!) I attended my chiropracter hoping for a *Jesus Job* (not very PC but
he is a miracle worker, LOL). He gave me one of THOSE looks and said "Dear,
dear me - you've left me as a last resort again haven't you?". He then
proceeded to laser and manipulate away and told me that I have severe
tendonitis and I need to avoid any stress on it, ice massage it four times a
day and come back Friday for more laser in order to avoid getting something
called trigger finger (where the finger "sticks" in a curled position -
yuck!.

As he was poking away and I was grimacing with ouchiness I said "I don't
know why I recommend you to everyone when you cause pain" and he replied
"It's because I do it with a smile and I'm so nice about it". I couldn't
argue - he does and is.

So alas, quilting and sewing are on the backburner for a little while,
doesnt mean I can't dream and plan does it???

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (Ice massage is no
hardship in this weather - though I prolly should have avoided hauling in

Old January 16th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

So sorry to hear Sharon and that I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one
who puts off going to the dr. for such "silly" things. With that being
said, I think I need to go. About a month ago(hmmm sound familiar), DD
(again) and I were messing around in the kitchen and she stepped
(accidently) on the bottom of my pj bottoms and I fell. I was more
concerned about my tailbone. As I'm laying there, I think "man my wrist
hurts". Didn't pay anymore attention to it but man oh man does it hurt now.

Wish me luck......

--
Cindy from MO

Old January 16th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

So alas, quilting and sewing are on the backburner for a little while,
doesnt mean I can't dream and plan does it???

Sharon, I'm sorry that your finger is on the injured list. I know how
frustrating it can be to put quilting on the back burner, since that's
what I've had to do for the past few weeks with my computer problems. I
hope your finger is feeling lots better (and uncurls happily!) soon.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old January 16th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Good luck and GO!!! You may not have broken it (trust me you'd know -
experience and all tells me this!) but just fo peace of mind.

As y'all know, we women are strong, amazing creatures, unlike our male
counterparts who are dying when they get the common cold!!!

Old January 16th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Thanks Sandy! I do have limited movement which is good - just the pain of
moving it kind of defeats the purpose!

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old January 16th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I'm so glad you have a fine chiropractor. We just couldn't live without
ours. He has a skeleton, well, just a spine, to decorate his office wall.
I asked about it one day and he said it was from a patient that didn't make
it. He's a wonderful fixer and a sense of humor too. Who could ask for
more? Polly

Old January 16th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:55:05 +1100, "Sharon Harper" wrote:

So alas, quilting and sewing are on the backburner for a little while,
doesnt mean I can't dream and plan does it???

I bet you are drawing out your next quilt right now. Hope your hand
gets better fast!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 16th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

I used to laugh at DH when he'd stagger up to the Chiro but then he'd come
back like a finalist in Dancing with the Stars. One day after my broken
wrist I couldn't take my lower back pain anymore, I went and saw Richard and
came back full of life and bouncing more 'n Tiggr.

These days if it's pain we feel we head to Richard before the regular doc.
I just adore him, he has a wicked sense of humour (like me 'n' DH), knows
and remembers all of us (including the girls who haven't had the need to see
him), and is always value for money.

Old January 16th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Bummer, Sharon! I hope your nice DC and the rest do the job. Having
suffered (and that is the correct word) with tendonitis/carpal tunnel for
years, I can commiserate. Sending healing thoughts and hugs from Tucson.

And yes, this is an excellent time to dream and plan! Also a great time for
S.E.X. With a few weeks or months off for stash enhancement, you may not
need to buy much fabric for years! DH may need to add onto the house,
though. grin

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green