Doin' the happy Dance

Old April 29th 04, 12:29 AM
JL Paules

Default Doin' the happy Dance

What a TERRIFIC day! I hope you have many many more! :-)

--
JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...

Lots of good stuff happened today. First and foremost, I got to see a

friend
of mine from Portland, OR., as she was here for a quick work-related trip.

took her on the nickel tour of my town, had lunch at an oceanside

restaurant,
and then picked up DD from school. Lots of good conversation, and even
though it's been two years or more since we've seen one another, we picked

up
as if it had been ten minutes.

When we picked up DD, she presented me with her third quarter report card.
Last term, her grades were abysmal, and we were quite ashamed of her. (and
took away her TV, phone and computer privileges on school days) It would

be
one thing if she couldn't do the work, but she chose not to do her

homework,
which caused her grades to stink. Not so this term. She raised her grades

in
every class, and got A's and B's and one C+. Bob and I are happy, DD is
obsessing over the C+, and wants to raise it next term.

I went to Physical Therapy again this morning, and was able to do the

whole
routine of exercises without stopping, for the very first time. Of

course,
my reward was "deep tissue massage," which really means "Poke and abuse

Kathy
and sound cheerful about it." But I did finish the exercises, and I

couldn't
do that a month ago. yipee.

When I got home, Bob told me that the insurance company called. I had

been
going back and forth with them about a new CPAP. The insurance company
wanted me to go to a local durable medical equipment place, which was

going
to charge me about $1,500. Since my insurance will only pay $750, that

would
mean I pay for the whole wretched thing, even if they didn't put a claim

in
to the insurance company, because the normal retail price of this CPAP is
about $750. I've been calling back and forth, because I think that it's
stupid to pay twice for the same machine.

Finally yesterday, I got someone with a brain who understood what I was
talking about. I got a "compassionate exception," (no idea why they call

it
that), which will allow me to get my CPAP equipment anywhere I want and

the
insurance company will reimburse me up to $750. I found the same machine
that the other place was giving me, along with some silly extras (a dust
cover? a clip for my headboard?) for $732. I win, the insurance company
wins, and the overpriced medical equipment place can get lost.

All in all, it's been a terrific day!

Kathy N-V

Obligatory Bead reference: DD has finally found a use for a whole bunch of
cheap Indian Millefiore beads I bought a couple of years ago. She scarfed
them all yesterday, and brought them to school. Apparently, she's doing a
mixed media project, and figured that the beads would add a needed touch

of
color. They're set in plaster, and I don't need to worry about breakage.

I thought that this idea might be transferable to those garden stepping
stones that the kids make in school or as crafts. Rather than buying flat
marbles (those glass drops), DD can use my old Indian lampwork. The

cement
will give it the support it needs so it won't break (immediately), and
because the beads are opaque, the color will be brighter than if she had

used
the flat marbles.

Old April 30th 04, 12:50 AM
KDK

YAY!!! Glad to hear you made it through the whole PT routine! Way to go!

Love hearing happy news!

Kathy K