*MY* present

Old December 10th 03, 08:33 PM
JL Amerson

Default *MY* present

My parents were just down in DeBary, Florida visiting my brother and his
family. While they were there, they took a short drive to DeLand and stopped
in at Kathryn's Beads and Baubles (116 E Rich Ave (386) 740-8880). The
*intention* was to let Hayley, age 11, and Zoe, age 5, pick out some beads
for Aunt Jo. Wellllllllllllll, I've often said that my brothers had my
children. They stepped into the shop and went bonkers! They picked out beads
that THEY wanted and now *I* have two projects to be done after the
holidays.

Hayley picked out six lampwork frogs and a vial of opaque black 11° seed
beads. Zoe decided on three lampwork bunnies, three cane (or they could be
lampwork?) beads, and a vial of neon fuschia 11° seed beads. Gee, I'm sooooo
glad they thought of me. ;-)

So anyone have any creative ideas on this? I can put together necklaces but
I'm open to suggestions.

Old December 10th 03, 09:27 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I think a black brick stitch or peyote bracelet with the froggies leaping
around the wrist would be cute. :-)

You could do a sculputural peyote Easter egg with the fuschia beads & the
bunnies.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old December 10th 03, 09:49 PM
Christina Peterson

My first suggestion is that you keep some of that lampwork, rather that put
it into the hands of often clumbsy or careless children. My second
suggestion is to ask if they got any beads for you or only a couple jobs for
you (without pay).

Tina

Old December 11th 03, 02:19 AM
Diana Curtis

I dont have suggestions for you as to what to do with the beads but they
sure sound like a fun assortment to work with!
Now, if we could convince my assorted nieces and nephews to shop at a bead
store for me, or a quilt store! I wouldnt even mind if they asked for a
quilt! *they wouldnt get one till I was ready to make it tho! )
I hope you can post pictures of whatever you come up with. The mind
boggles... neon fuchia....bunnies.. frogs.. lol... whoohoooo
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker