Advice on studio size

Old July 29th 03, 11:43 PM
SpunMud

man! i don't know who bob's great "commercial potter" friend is, but that
great potter needs to limit his freeloading buddy's time on-line to porn or
something other topic equally suiting rather than allow him to bother people,
be they "yanks," "limeys" (sp?) or whatever other ethno-centric word you can
use to describe good people.
Old July 30th 03, 08:43 AM
Robert B II

SpunMud wrote:
man! i don't know who bob's great "commercial potter" friend is,
but that great potter needs to limit his freeloading buddy's time
on-line to porn or something other topic equally suiting rather than
allow him to bother people, be they "yanks," "limeys" (sp?) or
whatever other ethno-centric word you can use to describe good
people.

no 'freeloaders' here or 'buddies' for that matter, we have mates who come
around and use MY cpu. The names robert.......spu.
Good people don't invade other countries, shoot-up women and children and
steal their assets!

--
Robert B* II

Old July 30th 03, 03:18 PM
MKent41616

no 'freeloaders' here or 'buddies' for that matter, we have mates who come
around and use MY cpu. The names robert.......spu.
Good people don't invade other countries, shoot-up women and children and
steal their assets!

--
Robert B* II

all i can say to that is i agree. but hey BOB remember that thing called the
british empire where they did that. All i want to say is people in glass
houses, shouldn't throw stones.

everyone else reading this i appologise but if you feel like responding take it
to email.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Old July 31st 03, 03:31 PM
Robert B II

MKent41616 wrote:
no 'freeloaders' here or 'buddies' for that matter, we have mates
who come around and use MY cpu. The names robert.......spu.
Good people don't invade other countries, shoot-up women and
children and steal their assets!

all i can say to that is i agree. but hey BOB remember that thing
called the british empire where they did that. All i want to say is
people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

everyone else reading this i appologise but if you feel like
responding take it to email.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

I'm not from the 'old county' either...why apologise...do potters have
'sensitive feelings' and don't discuss world politics or issues more
challenging than...'what shall I turn this mud into?'
Benny probably owned shares in a gun factory...is that not what your economy
is built apon.
When your economy looks bad, you vote in a dimwit as patsy and then start a
war somewhere.
I said that the minute GB got in with rigged voting and sure enough within a
week he was insulting NK followed shortly after by I.
"Sheep don't carry guns, only cows".....hence the song 'Cows with Guns'.

--
Robert B* II

Old July 31st 03, 07:24 PM
Dominic Spencer

"Robert B II" wrote in message
Cee White wrote:
Robert,

Your comments may be meant as cute, but they come across sarcastic.
Not nice........

are you the NG controller?
copy/paste works for you obviously.
If I feel like trolling a NG with friend who happens to be a very good
comercial potter and decide to 'post' a comment sarcastic or other wise ,

WILL.....and you can sit on ya wheel and SPIN BABY

--
Robert B* II

Old July 31st 03, 07:30 PM
Dominic Spencer

Be quiet the lot of you or I'll have to split you up. Talk about it after
school.
Dom Spencer
"SpunMud" wrote in message
one last thought for bob (with apologies to the rest of you): i agree that

our
president is not the brightest bulb, unfortunately. and if you were

implying
that your country's leader (not the medieval vestige which you call a
monarchy, but rather your prime minister) is brighter, i once again agree.

but
having observed that, i'm wondering what good it has done for your

country.
yes, tony is a smart and articulate man, which to many would make his
lemming-like butt kissing to our president no less contemptable than the

person
with whom he's chosen to play "follow the leader." after all, let's

remember
that your fellow countrymen (and women) are "over there" as well. so,

while i
agree with a recent post that points to your personal hypocrisy, i don't

think
we need to look so far back as to the days of the empire for its

illustration.
now, i'm sure you'd like a last word, which will kindly ignore and get

back to
the interests of this newsgroup. peace.

Old July 31st 03, 09:37 PM
MKent41616

Robert B* II

I SAID TAKE IT TO EMAIL
Old August 9th 03, 05:03 PM
tony

snip
Jumping into a pottery newsgroup posting chain, to rant about your
sophomoric political views,

unsnip

And what did you just do?? Heard a bunch of complaining but no solutions.

"Jim Carr" wrote in message
Robert,
Many Americans share your opinion that Bush is out of control.
Personally. I am appalled that he has succeeded in manipulating the
tragedy of 9-11 into the "justification" for proceeding with his
hawlkish agenda and what seems to be the final assault on the civil
liberties we all enjoyed in the states. The right wing goal of grabbing
control over the liberties of others, far pre-cedes 9-11, indeed it
precedes the USA. Come to think of it, the USA was formed by a band of
British immigrants trying to escape the conservative tyranny that the
british did not invent but most certainly perfected.
Our current problem is not that Americans are power hungry on an
individual basis. Rather, many of these same British conservative pricks
have chased the true lovers of liberty clear across the Atlantic and
grabbed temporary control of our government.
TO be fair, it was Tony Blair who first implied Iraqi ties to world
terrorism and first suggested that the US AND ENGLAND go after Sadam
post 9-11.
All this is besides the point however. The problem we have
regarding this newsgroup is that it is a pottery news group. A place
for those with a love for all things clay to come and share or discuss
their common HOBBY. A hobby being a personal activity one engages in for
the purpose of temporarily escaping the realities of day to day life. A
persons hobby can bring beauty and joy to their life regardless of
whatever level of personal struggle the rest of their life might project
onto them. This newsgroup is like a sanctuary for people who share an
interest, to relax and enjoy their chosen pastime and escape the harsh
reality of their daily existence.
Escape that is, unless some single-topic-obsessed asshole like you
or Bush decide to ram their personal agenda into every aspect of our
existence. It is correct to say that this is a PUBLIC newsgroup and one
is free to rant about any topic of their choosing. But as you might have
noticed, each "newsgroup" has a title, this one being
rec.crafts.pottery. The titles being in place so that people of similar
interest can more easily be directed towards one another. These titles
provide structure in order to organize the subject matter as to allow
people to explore their shared interest while escaping the rantings
that go on in the THOUSANDS of political newsgroups created by people
like you and Bush for the purpose of pontificating about their own
myopic political views.
Jumping into a pottery newsgroup posting chain, to rant about your
sophomoric political views, adds nothing to your cause or credibility.
It's kind of like an obsessed chicken farmer jumping into a knitting
pool to rant about the latest grain price increase.
BTW, thank you Brit's for Rupert Murdoch, we are endlessly
gratefull.......

jim

Old August 9th 03, 05:29 PM
Jim Carr

i just took a shower if you MUST know what I just did...

Old August 9th 03, 05:55 PM
psci_kw

"tony" wrote in message
snip
Jumping into a pottery newsgroup posting chain, to rant about your
sophomoric political views,

unsnip

And what did you just do?? Heard a bunch of complaining but no solutions.

snip

Aside from the obvious, there _is_ something we can all do about the current
world political situation.
All of us take our LEAST favorite current piece:
-break it into small, sharp shards, collect them all in one place, then

-convince the armies of the world to force our political leaders to walk
across them
multiple times until they get a grip (and no, not A Griffen Grip) and
promise us all peace,
which

-we will then use to our advantage to make more and better pots.

There's a pottery solution to a political problem :)

Wayne in KW
Isn't it hard enough to make good pots without MORE stress?