Can Nothing Go Right?!

Old August 13th 03, 01:31 PM
Bob Masta

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:34:35 GMT, "David Coggins"
wrote:

"Lindsay MacArthur" wrote in message
news
One should never forget that Australia is home to some of the most
venemous snakes and spiders on the planet....not to mention other
animals such at crocodiles, sharks, Portuguese
Man-Of War and who could forget the box jellyfish......
So politicians have quite a bit to contend with down under.
LMac

David, sorry to be technical here, but I couldn't resist ;-)

Spiders are insects

No, they are arachnids; insects have only 6 legs!

Snakes and crocodiles are reptiles
Sharks are fish
Portuguese man-o-war and box jellyfish are classified as fish

Err, I think Coelenterates or something.

But ALL of the above are ANIMALS, they're just not MAMMALS, which
most people think of as "animals". All living things are divided into
only a few top-level groups. Used to be just Plants and Animals, so
it was easy to see where most things stood. But now they've broken
out Bacteria and those new-fangled Archaea and some other teensy
critters, so common usage is more of a problem.

I re-iterate - there are NO poisonous ANIMALS in Oz - except maybe my wife
:-)))) She has been a potter for 32 years, and is sure to have ingested a
few poisons along the way!!

Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

D A Q A R T A