Downsized some stash...

Old October 17th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Default Downsized some stash...

Thanks! So far so good, only bad mark was having to shovel snow :P

~KK in BC~

"Michelle" wrote in message
: Oh KK, I'm so sorry! Can't decide which is worse--having to deal with the
: sewer back-up or losing all those lovely blocks. Sucks either way! Hope
: today is much, much better.
: --
: Michelle in NV
: http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter
:
: "~KK in BC~" wrote in message
: news:HODYg.23111$H7.6995@edtnps82...
: and not because I wanted to or had planned on it.
: Why is it when you think things may finally take a turn for the good
: something else happens to mess it up?
: I spent most of today (Sunday) with a mop, a bucket, some rubber gloves,
: some garbage bags and a whole lot of bleach. Yup. Sewer backed up. I had
: boiling toilets, spewing shower drains and the main drain in my basement
: just up and puked. ARGH!!!!
: Of course me being not quite so wonderful in my storing of things and
: such... well there were quite a few things on the floor, including a UFO
: and
: papers and some fabric scraps and some books. Lost it all, the smell was
: insanely disgusting and we wont discuss what comes UP out of drains
: attached
: to the sewers right?
:
: I had pulled out the UFO to get back into the feel of stitching and it
: seemed like the right thing to get back in step on. Thank God it wasn't
: sandwich, just the blocks for the top. I only had about 30 blocks
(double
: Irish chain out of scrap 2" squares) so at least I didn't lose a whole
: quilt. There is just no way I could even think about tossing all that
: "gunk"
: into my washing machine, and the fact that I spilled half my bucket of
: bleach water which of course splashed EVERYwhere sigh. Guessing maybe
it
: isn't time yet for me to settle in at my sewing machine, it is time for
me
: to declutter my basement.
:
: ~KK in BC~ who is terribly allergic to bleach but what choice do you
have
: when it is raw sewage?.... :-(
:
:
:
:

Old October 17th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Lookin up and white.... very white.... dang snow! Although, gave me a reason
to stay in and sort the rest of my stuff and put it away.
~KK in BC~

"Taria" wrote in message
: What an awful day. Hope things look up from here.
: Taria
:
:

Old October 17th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

LOL What made it SO funny was Jeff Foxworthy. I had to move my truck so the
snake guy could come into the house and when I started my truck, Jeff was on
the radio and his monologue was "It is AMAZING what mom's will clean up aint
it? The toilet is spraying brown muck 6 feet in the air, the family runs out
side and there's mom, swinging a mop and singing "Im singing in the
rain......."

~KK in BC~ still giggling at the coincidence

"Debi Matlack" wrote in message
link.net...
: *shudder* I am so sorry this happened to you. It's bad enough when the
: toilet overflows in my house, I can't even begin to imagine....
: --
: Debi
:
: Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.
:

Old October 17th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Replied privately.
~KK in BC~

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
: KK in BC - please email me privately at poo_de_dooat yahoodotcom
:
: I may be able to help you out.
:
: --
: Boca Jan
: Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/poo_de_doo/myphotos
:
:

Old October 17th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy

~KK in BC~ wrote:
LOL What made it SO funny was Jeff Foxworthy. I had to move my truck so the
snake guy could come into the house and when I started my truck, Jeff was on
the radio and his monologue was "It is AMAZING what mom's will clean up aint
it? The toilet is spraying brown muck 6 feet in the air, the family runs out
side and there's mom, swinging a mop and singing "Im singing in the
rain......."

~KK in BC~ still giggling at the coincidence

That even got me to laughing. BOY what timeing.

Old October 17th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Sure glad to be of help.

Butterfly

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
Dang! No wonder I was using my puffer today so much! I never even
associated
the bleach with my asthma going haywire. Good idea there!
Thanks!
~KK in BC~

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
:
: Make sure you 'rinse' your nose out a least 2 x's a day for the rest of
this
: week. Ear syringe would work if you don't have anything else. Use warm
mild
: salt/water. (email me if you need directions.) I can't use bleach either
but
: when I have to, this is what I do. Keeps me from having a major asthma
: attack.
:
: So sorry about all the loss and work
:
: Butterfly (Butterfly Butterfly-Wings @ cox.net] drop first Butterfly)
:
:

Old October 17th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Well, now you have a clean basement floor, it's just not done in the
timeframe you were thinking about, right? You're right, good thing the
UFO was the soak-up cloth and not a close-to-my-heart quilt!

Follow Mz Flutterby's advice on the nasal spray. She knows/nose about
things like that )

Sending you cyber puffs of fresh air and sunshine
Ginger in CA
~KK in BC~ wrote:
and not because I wanted to or had planned on it.
Why is it when you think things may finally take a turn for the good
something else happens to mess it up?
I spent most of today (Sunday) with a mop, a bucket, some rubber gloves,
some garbage bags and a whole lot of bleach. Yup. Sewer backed up. I had
boiling toilets, spewing shower drains and the main drain in my basement
just up and puked. ARGH!!!!
Of course me being not quite so wonderful in my storing of things and
such... well there were quite a few things on the floor, including a UFO and
papers and some fabric scraps and some books. Lost it all, the smell was
insanely disgusting and we wont discuss what comes UP out of drains attached
to the sewers right?

I had pulled out the UFO to get back into the feel of stitching and it
seemed like the right thing to get back in step on. Thank God it wasn't a

Old October 17th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tricia

Ack! Talk about some nastiness.....

*comfort*

Tricia

Old October 17th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

I would have died had it been my 3/4 inch strip scrap stuff!! OMG I never
even thought about what if it was that one!!!! You are right! SO glad it was
one that was nice but not my OMG its gorgeous or OMG it took me 10 years
one!!!

~KK in BC~

ups.com...

Old October 17th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Yup. Nasty. That's a good word.... LOL
But I am enjoying how clean my floor is once again I don't usually bleach
it but it sure does look all pretty and shiny again! (gotta look @ the good
stuff now) and I did learn a valuable lesson... DO NOT LEAVE UFOs ON THE
FLOOR no matter HOW good your intentions were! When you are done playing,
put your toys away!!!

~KK in BC~

"Tricia" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Ack! Talk about some nastiness.....
:
: *comfort*
:
: Tricia
:

Little S.E.X. Follow-up Found Stash - YEAH! ellice Needlework 7 September 28th 06 02:55 PM
A funny thing happened when I moved my stash Valerie in FL Quilting 15 July 7th 06 06:16 PM
Color Theory: Starting/Maintaining a Stash Dannielle Quilting 40 November 12th 05 07:14 PM
Refolding stash Ann Quilting 19 October 16th 05 10:14 AM
OT - Stash reduction Johanna Gibson Quilting 8 June 2nd 04 04:31 AM